Sarah Palin Says Independence Day Is For Remembering When Jesus Led The Revolution

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Some truths there. Many were Christians. They did also come from abusive "church" control.

That's much different than true Christianity and the teachings of Jesus. If I remember correctly it was the "church" leaders that demanded Jesus's death.

But, without government control over the church and with government approval the Bible was used as the symbol of Truth in the court room.

Explain that and you'll share the common thread of Christian belief that permeated our founding father's consciences.

They also knew that literature doesn't bring freedom. Acting on the truths found there does and they were willing to die for that freedom which included freedom to worship their God freely. Freedom cost many everything. Do we have people like that today? The test is coming.

The only slant comes from the religious right who want so desperately to refer to the USA as a Christian nation, and any hopes of attaching the founders to this principle is silly at best.

When Thomas Jefferson ran for the presidency, his opponents ran against him calling him an ATHEIST. He was attacked for being an atheist and his OWN writings used against him.

As for the Jefferson bible, Jefferson REDACTED the portions of the bible that he found to be ABSURD, FOOLISH, UNTRUE or flat out LIES. These are HIS words.

I agree with Jefferson, the bible is filled with nonsense, and as Thomas Paine wrote:

"Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness, with which more than half of the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we call it the word of a demon than the word of God. It is a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind."

Paine, another atheist, worked with Jefferson to insure that CHRISTIANITY played NO PART in our government or our system of governing.

While Christians in this country are desperate to force everyone into a one religious nation, they have to soon realize that organized religion is fading in this country and a true freedom of religion growing to mean keeping it more private than public.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I don't understand why you post something untrue then try and change the subject once you get called out on it.

An example what you just posted about the Supreme Court violating an imposition of religion is false. It's just another hysterical rant from you not based in fact. No religion was imposed on anyone period.

The scotus ruling was purely political. A gift to the religious right. 5 to 4 means there was opposition AV8.

Just wait until another religion forces their beliefs onto employees, like making women wear hijabs in the workplace.

TOS.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
The only slant comes from the religious right who want so desperately to refer to the USA as a Christian nation, and any hopes of attaching the founders to this principle is silly at best.
I like that we are a christian nation. I trust the Christians. I also trust the Jews, the Hindus and the atheists. I don't trust the muslims. Islam shout be banned in the U.S. as a national safety issue.

av8torntn

The scotus ruling was purely political. A gift to the religious right. 5 to 4 means there was opposition AV8.

Just wait until another religion forces their beliefs onto employees, like making women wear hijabs in the workplace.

TOS.

Never mind the fact that no religion was forced on any employee but then again facts matter little to you.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

TOS.

What is amazing is that he doesn't even see it, nor do the rest of them. Blinded by faith, or just ignorant? Maybe both.

MAKAVELI

Not anymore. But it was back then.
A lot has changed and we've reaped the consequences of those changes.
And what are those consequences?
Is God punishing America for not forcing its citizens to swear on the bible? Just exactly what consequences are we seeing for changing the oath requirement in court?

realbrown1

TOS.
When they make a ruling you agree with, they are doing their job. But when the rule against you, it's purely political? That's just part of the reason you should change your name to P.O.S.

10 point

When Thomas Jefferson ran for the presidency, his opponents ran against him calling him an ATHEIST. He was attacked for being an atheist and his OWN writings used against him.

As for the Jefferson bible, Jefferson REDACTED the portions of the bible that he found to be ABSURD, FOOLISH, UNTRUE or flat out LIES. These are HIS words.

I agree with Jefferson, the bible is filled with nonsense, and as Thomas Paine wrote:

"Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness, with which more than half of the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we call it the word of a demon than the word of God. It is a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind."

Paine, another atheist, worked with Jefferson to insure that CHRISTIANITY played NO PART in our government or our system of governing.

While Christians in this country are desperate to force everyone into a one religious nation, they have to soon realize that organized religion is fading in this country and a true freedom of religion growing to mean keeping it more private than public.

TOS.
We aren't desperate. I am at peace personally. I have nothing to lose.

You, plural, can ridicule my faith but it doesn't change anything.

The whole country could be communist or Islamic or Buddhist or atheists and it wouldn't change my faith in Jesus nor would it negate others faith that gave them strength during times of testing.

The One thing we do have in common is that when we take our last breath we'll know for sure who was right. The verdict will be read.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I like that we are a christian nation. I trust the Christians. I also trust the Jews, the Hindus and the atheists. I don't trust the muslims. Islam shout be banned in the U.S. as a national safety issue.

Again, in your "mind", you live in a christian nation, but I dont. You are free to dislike anyone, but I chose to accept them all.

I dislike christians who try to dominate the rest of america as would our founders who would feel the same, for those christians are the true domestic enemies.

TOS.

realbrown1

I don't understand why you post something untrue then try and change the subject once you get called out on it.

An example what you just posted about the Supreme Court violating an imposition of religion is false. It's just another hysterical rant from you not based in fact. No religion was imposed on anyone period.
Just ignore MrFedEx, there is something wrong there. Haven't figured it out yet what it is, but trust me, he is here to play havoc with the posters.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
When they make a ruling you agree with, they are doing their job. But when the rule against you, it's purely political? That's just part of the reason you should change your name to P.O.S.

Same goes for you. You hated it when the court ruled for the ACA, and then cheer when ONE case goes your way. At some point, one of the conservative justices will drop dead and hopefully, President H. Clinton will appoint another progressive liberal and we can get the job done and shut you the heck up.

TOS.

av8torntn

Funny how the ACA ruling went the same way and he posted that it was the law of the law now and all resistance to it should stop.

realbrown1

Same goes for you. You hated it when the court ruled for the ACA, and then cheer when ONE case goes your way. At some point, one of the conservative justices will drop dead and hopefully, President H. Clinton will appoint another progressive liberal and we can get the job done and shut you the heck up.

TOS.
The supreme court will not have the last say on the ACA. This bad law will die by law passed by a Republican congress, signed out of existence by a Republican president.
Can't wait for that day.

10 point

And what are those consequences?
Is God punishing America for not forcing its citizens to swear on the bible? Just exactly what consequences are we seeing for changing the oath requirement in court?
God doesn't have to punish us for that issue. The fact that the Bible is no longer respected as the symbol of truth shows where we are morally and because of the loss of knowing that's there's right and wrong has opened the door for our own self administered punishment.

When I was in high school the worst thing most kids got in trouble for was chewing gum and a one on one fist fight that may occur here and there.

Now we have kids frequently coming back to school and slaughtering teachers and classmates.

In San Diego it is reported that there are more teens in vicious gangs that there are police officers by 5-1 or more.

I don't have to list all the degradation that has occurred in the last forty years because we can read it daily in the news.

Without a fear of punishment for sin the world is rotting out morally and only getting worse.

Believing that I will be eternally held responsible for sinning against God's will keep me trying harder to do what's right and that can only make people's lives around me better also.

No offense to those that don't believe as I do but I won't be held responsible for them, only myself.

10 point

TOS.
Isn't that funny. You say that Christians are desperate and want to dominate but you want to shut us the "heck up".

Par for the course.
It'll always be that way.

MAKAVELI

God doesn't have to punish us for that issue. The fact that the Bible is no longer respected as the symbol of truth shows where we are morally and because of the loss of knowing that's there's right and wrong has opened the door for our own self administered punishment.

When I was in high school the worst thing most kids got in trouble for was chewing gum and a one on one fist fight that may occur here and there.

Now we have kids frequently coming back to school and slaughtering teachers and classmates.

In San Diego it is reported that there are more teens in vicious gangs that there are police officers by 5-1 or more.

I don't have to list all the degradation that has occurred in the last forty years because we can read it daily in the news.

Without a fear of punishment for sin the world is rotting out morally and only getting worse.

Believing that I will be eternally held responsible for sinning against God's will keep me trying harder to do what's right and that can only make people's lives around me better also.

No offense to those that don't believe as I do but I won't be held responsible for them, only myself.
Thanks for the sermon but it's my view that too many people hide behind religion and are too quick to point out the reasons for our problems in society as a lack of faith in a particular God instead of focusing on the root problems. The easy way out.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

I struggle with persons who believe that somewhere in outer space is heaven. Even though we have explored every inch of our atmosphere and empty space between here and the moon, and yet, no heaven (as written) exists.

For people to believe that an entity ( space god ) created the billions of stars and planets and galaxies is just plain silly given todays technology.

To believe some ancient writing, in a time where most people thought the world was flat just seems silly to me.

Regardless, our founders went out of there way to keep religion, especially christianity, out of our system of government.

You chose to believe, thats great. I believe my Minnesota Vikings will make the superbowl, but that doesnt mean it will happen. I have faith that they can play, but deep down i know they wont make it.

Neither will the return of Jesus. That super sunday just wont happen either.

TOS.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I now believe that you are a serial liar. You just can't help but lie.
I am no religious right person, but if you think they look at women like something they want to control, your wrong.
you havent been around many Southern Baptists have you?