Sarah Palin Says Independence Day Is For Remembering When Jesus Led The Revolution

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Since you are replying to a comment about the US Constitution just go ahead and kindly quote the relevant part as I did.
I was referring to Brown vs. Board of Education when Justice Hugo Black wrote: "In the words of Thomas Jefferson, the clause against establishment of religion by law was intended to erect a wall of separation between church and state.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
THERE ARE ACTUALLY PEOPLE THAT THINK STUPID ..''?'...' IS SMART ENOUGH TO BE A NATIONAL LEADER,THANK GOD SHE IS A REPUBLICAN.

10 point

That's true. They sought liberty not a government sponsored church.

"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion . . . Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams

[T]he Christian religion, in its purity, is the basis, or rather the source of all genuine freedom in government. . . . and I am persuaded that no civil government of a republican form can exist and be durable in which the principles of that religion have not a controlling influence." -N Webster

"Human law must rest its authority ultimately upon the authority of that law which is divine. . . . Far from being rivals or enemies, religion and law are twin sisters, friends, and mutual assistants. Indeed, these two sciences run into each other." J Wilson

"Religion and morality are the essential pillars of civil society." -G Washington
Jefferson and Washington (among many others as some you've listed here) credited their trust and the strength they received from the God of the Bible.
Is this noninclusive? No. It was the personal directive and the absolute faith in the power not just found when they prayed for wisdom in battle but witnessed in the everyday leading of the God that never fails us even when it looks like we have failed and all is lost.

Those people knew what failure meant. Death.

They were truly people who had faith in God.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Palin is so blatantly a political hack of whorism. Not really a bad thing. Like Madonna marketing herself for her music. I did find Palin to be a bit over the top in 2011 while making the rounds wearing a Star of David necklace.
My intelligence as a gun owner was insulted back in '08 when McCain...who I was actually considering voting for...trotted Palin out as VP. The assumption was that myself and all other gun-owning males would take one look at Palin, get boners, and vote for her and McCain. I throw up in my mouth just a little bit when I think about Sarah Palin having the launch codes to the largest nuclear arsenal on earth.

av8torntn

I was referring to Brown vs. Board of Education when Justice Hugo Black wrote: "In the words of Thomas Jefferson, the clause against establishment of religion by law was intended to erect a wall of separation between church and state.

Apologize for being the bearer of bad news but the post you replies to clearly said "The Constitution prohibits"
which in turn you replied with "We disagree"

Nobody in that post or this thread brought up the board of education. Well until you just tried for no reason.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Apologize for being the bearer of bad news but the post you replies to clearly said "The Constitution prohibits"

Nobody in that post or this thread brought up the board of education. Well until you just tried for no reason.
wrong.
Jefferson's words and intent were recognized in a Modern Day ruling showing his ideas of separation between the two are both valid in a historical as well as modern sense

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

He is using one of his favorite tactics, if you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your :censored2: .

Last edited by a moderator:

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
So you think every ruling the supreme court has made has been correct?
I never stated any beliefs or opinions on all Supreme Court Rulings, I did however show the validity of a point that Jefferson made has also been used in a Modern Day Setting

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I will say i find it rather amusing a thread i started as a joke has gone 9 pages
You didn't start it as a joke. You were just were willing to make stuff up to hurt the conservatives. It's what you and your crew does.

10 point

"Almighty God, Who has given us this good land for our heritage, we humbly beseech Thee that we may always prove ourselves a people mindful of Thy favor and glad to do Thy will.....
Endow with Thy spirit of wisdom these whom in Thy Name we entrust the authority of government, that there may be justice and peace at home, and that through obedience to Thy law, we may show forth Thy praise among the nations of the earth. In time of prosperity fill our heart with thankfulness, and in the day of trouble, suffer not our trust in Thee to fail; all of which we ask through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen"------

Thomas Jefferson
Washington D.C.
March 4, 1801