Sarasota FL or Elkhart/Southbend Indiana

motion

I have been lurking on Brown Cafe for awhile.
Great forum. What a wealth of information.
We live in a very rural area of northern WI. My wife and I are planning to move to an area with more opportunities.
I am interested in becoming a UPS delivery driver.
It seems from what I have observed on this board that the time it takes to become a driver varies widely from one location to the next. What is the best way for me to find out the estimated time it would take to become a driver for specific locations?
Please, I don't want it to appear like I think I am too good to work part time. I can and will. I am just looking to limit the amount of years that I need to work multiple part time jobs.
Does anyone know the hiring and seniority situation in either Elkhart/ South Bend Indiana or Sarasota Florida? These are two areas that we have family connections, so they are at the top of our list. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Motion

PS also, if anyone knows of locations anywhere that are hiring of the street, that would be interesting to consider.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
PS also, if anyone knows of locations anywhere that are hiring of the street, that would be interesting to consider.

Denver's wait-time is at 6 months. Thought I'd throw that out. I'm not 100% certain about our "off the street" hiring right now. Helped a driver during Peak that was hired the Summer of 2005 as a friend/t package car driver. -Rocky

705red

Browncafe Steward
Local 710 in indy and chicago usually has openings into fulltime feeder off of the street. 705 is about a 6 to 9 month wait for package car right now.

motion

Hey, you must be from WI, Brownmonster. Rice Lake is the closest to me but I still would need to move to work there because i would have over an hour drive. I have been trying to catch my local UPS driver and ask him a few questions, but I haven't had the chance yet. Do you have any firsthand knowledge of any of these location?

motion

Dutch Dawg

Local 710 in indy and chicago usually has openings into fulltime feeder off of the street...

I had the impression Indy was local 135. Go with Sarasota, Fla. The fishing and weather are both better there. Something you can enjoy while you wait to get hired.

motion

Federrat1
Thanks for the information. I wonder if it would be possible to get the number of HR for Sarasota. Feel free to pm me. Again,
thanks for the help.

motion

Apologies for the selfish bump.
I am still looking for information about Elkhart IN. Does anyone know, or know how I might find out how long the expected wait time to go full time in the Elkhart area is?
Thanks again,
Respectfully,
motion