Satellite

Ron Carey lives on

There is no satellite language. Harassment, 8 hours, 9.5 grievances, the dispatch shouldn't just assume the surrounding routes are going to put up with absorbing new p/us and stops everyday. It will 4 or 5 drivers in that area to solve your problem. Take pictures of any threatening messages with your phone

Sent using BrownCafe App

Coldworld

60 months and counting
A copy of your bid on route would help on harassment case. If the bid states countys and startimes it could be a game changer.

Sent using BrownCafe App
That's why the bid sheets are so generic now...use to give more detailed info on the route and start times size of truck..not anymore

bham brown

Your cushy little sat route is being tweaked---deal with it.

Resident know-it-all.

You should try one of those cushy routes one day. In my area they don't punch out til 10 most nights, sometimes later. They could care less what time you finish so you're gonna get way more stops than you need every day

Z

ZQXC

Dave has never run a satellite, or pulled a trailer to a satellite, yet he felt compelled to make that comment.

busterbrown

You know how Dave is, you know that he's right, and yet you make this comment and fuel the fire

Sent using BrownCafe App
I have a satellite route 32 miles from the center in wis. when ever i had to start from the center they have paid me mileage from my center to their center. Your center is where they keep your satellite truck parked. So do that or drive your satellite truck to the center and your start time would be the time you left your satellite center.

By The Book

Been on a satellite route for about 10 yrs which is about 10 miles from my house. The ups center is 35 miles away. Never have to go to the center ever which is great because I don't have to ever deal with management. Got a call from the dispatcher today stating he is going to start cutting a route( not mine) on Mondays and I need to drive 35 miles to ups and start from there that has my route plus 15-20 business stop of the cut route. Told him no I'm a satellite driver I start from here, he told me if I didn't start from the center on monday he would find away to cut my route and would have to drive there anyways. Also said he would make sure I would run the worst intown route we had. What can be done?

Sent using BrownCafe App
In our center one satellite rte came back permanently and one comes back the last 3 weeks of peak. The one that came back took air and businesses and stops off another rte on the way to their route. In my opinion if you used to drive 35 miles to ups,is it better to do this once a week and keep your route or push back and lose your route sometimes. Find out about getting paid from your satellite rte to ups. They will probably say you get paid from the building.

AKCoverMan

Our center has six satellite routes that start from a rented Quonset hut building 40ish miles from the center. We used to pull a couple of TP-60s out there but now a feeder trailer goes out there every day. In peak we add extra satellite routes staffed with seasonal drivers.

If I have to cover a satellite route and they don't know in time to load it at the center instead of sending it on the satellite trailer then I have the option to report to center and drive an empty spare out to satellite or drive my POV from home to the satellite and clock an hour of paid travel time each way. I spend a little in gas but I can leave later and get back earlier so sometimes I choose to do that.

We had two cover drivers who lived near the satellite and made it known they would prefer to start there, they don't get paid to go to satellite but since they don't live in the city where center is they are simply getting a shorter commute to work. Now one of them bid a satellite route that was recently added so now just one satellite driver left. Looks like city based covers like me will have to cover out there more often.

All that said we don't have anything in our rider to speak to satiate ops, this has simply been past practice.