Saturday Air Grievance

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
here is what we have going in my bldg.scheduled for sat air,one friend/T air/porter combo, T-S, two P/T bid air drivers, T-S, the 2 P/T bid air drivers, T-S. both have < 10 years bldg seniority.in addition, bldg has two P/T bid air drivers, M-friend, one w/15 yrs bldg seniority and 1 with 8 yrs bldg seniority.in addition, bldg has an exception air driver (preloader) w/36 yrs bldg seniority (25 yrs air exception). nearly every Saturday a fourth driver is needed. who is first in line to be asked to work? the M-friend P/T bid air people or the air exception driver (36 yrs and a preloader)? thx
In my opinion, the M-friend P/T bid air drivers have already worked their guarantee. Therefore the extra Saturday driver, when needed, should be the highest seniority part timer; who, in this case has the most building & classification seniority (as long as he has worked 37 hours or less up to that point).

rrhogueiii

hi, this pissing match has gone on for 15+ yrs w/several blow-ups and clashes along the way. for the most part, i have delivered air as needed most anytime I want to and brushed off the abuse/hassle. another big blow-up about 3 weeks ago and that did it for me. filed a hostile abusive workplace complaint w/HR. also filed a grievance for not being asked to deliver ground when needed and the jr P/T air drivers always asked first.

rrhogueiii

In my opinion, the M-friend P/T bid air drivers have already worked their guarantee. Therefore the extra Saturday driver, when needed, should be the highest seniority part timer; who, in this case has the most building & classification seniority (as long as he has worked 37 hours or less up to that point).

that's been the result every time this blow-up happened. she is in denial about the outcome and will not let up. hence, my complaint to HR.

PT Car Washer

Don't make it so personal. Who is "she"? Another air driver taking your work or a center manager or sup giving away your work? Do you work most times the center ask or do you pick and choose your days? If this has been going on for 15 years why is it not settled?

rrhogueiii

Don't make it so personal. Who is "she"? Another air driver taking your work or a center manager or sup giving away your work? Do you work most times the center ask or do you pick and choose your days? If this has been going on for 15 years why is it not settled?

"she " is the lower seniority P/T air driver that has been throwing tantrums for these past 15 years. I rarely turn down the air work and work almost every sat. grievances have settled it in my mind but as I said, she is in denial that the outcomes weren't what she wanted. her reasoning is that I am an "exception" driver, not a bid P/T driver, therefore she believes she is first to work ahead of me. any air and ground.

rrhogueiii

"she " is the lower seniority P/T air driver that has been throwing tantrums for these past 15 years. I rarely turn down the air work and work almost every sat. grievances have settled it in my mind but as I said, she is in denial that the outcomes weren't what she wanted. her reasoning is that I am an "exception" driver, not a bid P/T driver, therefore she believes she is first to work ahead of me. any air and ground.

know this sounds bizarre but 5 minutes conversation w/he and you would completely understand.

PT Car Washer

I think Hondo hit the nail on the head with his post in reply 41. Sounds like this issue has already been settled. She may just be jealous because you are making almost as much money as a FT driver and she isn't. I get some of the same stuff from Art.22.3 mad because our PT jobs pay a lot more then their FT jobs.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
know this sounds bizarre but 5 minutes conversation w/he and you would completely understand.
I can believe it. Trying to explain something to someone, especially if they have preconceived notions in their head, can sometimes be impossible.

Overpaid Union Thug

Wow. I just realized that this was a revived thread. It became apparent when I noticed that "Stevetheupsguy" had posted earlier, MUCH EARLIER, in the thread. He doesn't contribute much anymore. I guess if I actually paid attention to the date stamps in these things it wouldn't take me so long to notice.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I was asked to work this morning by my on-car. As I am pulling out of the building to head to the airport a casual driver pulls in and asks me where I am going. It turns out he was also asked to work this morning. I could have played the seniority card but instead let him work as he didn't get his 40 hours this week. My question is this--am I entitled to the four hour minimum as I was asked by management to work this morning or did I forfeit that when I let the junior employee work?

You are not guaranteed the 4hrs as you chose to go home. If you had worked and they sent the junior person home after reporting he would have been able to grieve for the show up pay.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Wow. I just realized that this was a revived thread. It became apparent when I noticed that "Stevetheupsguy" had posted earlier, MUCH EARLIER, in the thread. He doesn't contribute much anymore. I guess if I actually paid attention to the date stamps in these things it wouldn't take me so long to notice.

Me too!!! I think one should be banned from posting for a year if you revive a 4 year old thread!!! lol

PT Car Washer

Art. 40 Sec 1 Air Drivers (j) Holiday Work just says PT Air Drivers can be forced in reverse seniority order. (k) Saturday or Sunday Air Work also just says PT air drivers by seniority. I believe bid PT air drivers and air exception drivers are in the same classification.