Saturday delivery pushed till tuesday HELP

domsdad

I ordered a gift from santa for my son and paid for saturday delivery. As of last night it was in transit for saturday delivery, confirmed by two calls to operators last night. Now online tracking shows rescheduled for tuesday. What can I do? This is my sons christmas gift.

Last edited:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Next year you can order a little earlier. We can't predict OR control the weather. Tell your son Santa is running a litte late this year or something along those lines.

domsdad

We did order early it was a product availabilty problem. Weather was not a problem, Item was scanned out of the Horsham Pa location at 7:08 am. only 15 minutes from our house.

upsdude

Wouldn't be surprised if it shows up today or even tomorrow. If there is an air package in the UPS facility, every effort will be made to make service on the package.

I worked 4 hours on Christmas Day 3 years ago delivering Dell packages.

Keep the Faith!

disneyworld

I ordered a gift from santa for my son and paid for saturday delivery. As of last night it was in transit for saturday delivery, confirmed by two calls to operators last night. Now online tracking shows rescheduled for tuesday. What can I do? This is my sons christmas gift.
I know this doesn't help but demand a refund. And don't let them use the escape clause-"It was an act of god/weather delay". Unless it went through Denver. Fight it with your credit card company.

disneyworld

How the hell can it be out for the delivery then rescheduled-WE SUCK. I apologize for the companys ineptitude. "It was perfectly planned and executed with neolithic incompetence".

SmithBarney

Oh well, its gonna be late now, think of this gift as a learning experience for your son... never expect anything ever... the dissappointment will build character, a gift that will pay for years.

Sorry to be heartless. But what can you do.

domsdad

you are right .you do suck. This was probably my last year with "Santa" ,and so much for what brown can do for me. Obvbiously nothing. We were told up till 9:00 pm last night from customer service that it was on the truck and was in transit and that if we were going to go to bed to put a note on the door for the driver to leave it. Ha ha. I found out that most drivers in our area were done by 3:00 pm.

outta hours

It was probably delayed by a NSN or NSS by a driver who felt "forced" to work yesterday. After he was shown so much love by his company and his center team. And was told at the last minute on Friday when he got in that he would have to work the next day. He may have not gone that "extra mile" to find you and get it delivered. Call on Tue. and get an answer as to why it was rescheduled. I bet it will have on of the above reasons I listed. Most drivers do the "extra" things to help our customers, in spite of how we are treated. But some get fed up with the heavy handed way of UPS management and say I will do what is required and NOTHING extra. Who can blame them. In the future if you do use UPS I suggest having your pkgs. sent to a commercial address. You are more likely to recieve it because more heat is applied to UPS managers for missing those.

Fredless

APWA Hater
Sorry for your loss. Can't please everyone 100% of the time. It probably got left behind in the center. In my center, they pushed that we be off the clock in 4 hours yesterday. On a normal saturday, they would have sent the driver back out but not yesterday...at least if they had the same attitude as they did here. A lot of the full timers were out of DOT hours anyway.

upsdude

Call your local TV News station, NOW! Tell them "What Brown Did For You". I'm serious, someone needs a big arse chewing over this.

Overpaid Union Thug

Domsdad....rescheduled deliverys occur for different reasons.

1) maybe the package was loaded on the wrong trailer leaving the origin or somewhere between there and the destination.

2) the package was damaged (sometimes this happens due to poor packaging by the shipper)

If the destination is a house that doesn't require a signature then the package will arrive on time, or even early, as long as the above situations don't occur. If the destination is an apartment or the package requires a signature than that can be a problem.

1) no one is home to sign

2) the apartment number or letter wasn't included on the package

What kills me is 2). I have no sympathy for those people. Your sons tracking information appears to be free of any misloading errors. Does the package require a signature? And most importantly...did you leave that note on the door?

domsdad

My wife stayed home all day saturday to recieve the package because of its importance so there is no way we missed the drop.
Why did the tracking show out for delivery at 7:08 only 15 minutes from our home and not get here?
Why after two calls to the support center were we told the truck was still out making stops as late as 8:30 pm? Do these people know what is going on?
I did talk to a friend who is a supervisor at UPS and was told the trucks were in by 3:00 PM. I will get my refund but that will not help my son on Christmas morning.

Ms Spoken

Would someone please go get this gift and delv it... Or better yet, call your friend have him go find your box or make a phone call to the center manager. Call the 800- # and log a concern and that you want a call from the center manager. If I was you I would not hold my breath on this package.

domsdad

He did offer to try to get the package this morning. After repeated calls to the Horsham PA center he could not get anyone, all home for the holidays. We did call the 800 number with nothing but a recording of their hours. We did give up on trying to get it and have to wait till tuesday morning. I can not wait to here the reason it did not get delivered.