Saturday Delivery q

Philipjfry

How, who, and what decides what ground gets delivered on Saturday?
I understand any marked Saturday air, or ground with “s”.
What I don’t understand is how one house will get two sureposts, yet down the same street a non Saturday NDA will sit in a truck across from me until Monday.
I know better than to try and understand the reasoning with this company, I just imaging it as this all knowing super computer that spits some dumb-a algorithm out and that’s gospel.
Am I far off?

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
There's typically an upcharge for Saturday Air.

Certain shippers also have agreements to have their garbage delivered Saturday. With Amazon and Target being the most obvious two.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There's typically an upcharge for Saturday Air.

Certain shippers also have agreements to have their garbage delivered Saturday. With Amazon and Target being the most obvious two.
It is insane that we are still charging an up charge for Saturday air but delivering Monday ground on Saturday.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
How, who, and what decides what ground gets delivered on Saturday?
I understand any marked Saturday air, or ground with “s”.
What I don’t understand is how one house will get two sureposts, yet down the same street a non Saturday NDA will sit in a truck across from me until Monday.
I know better than to try and understand the reasoning with this company, I just imaging it as this all knowing super computer that spits some dumb-a algorithm out and that’s gospel.
Am I far off?
Yes

Philipjfry

It is insane that we are still charging an up charge for Saturday air but delivering Monday ground on Saturday.

That’s my point, if I’m four houses away, what’s the problem of bringing that regular NDA air on Saturday instead of 2 sureposts with a a single tshirt in each? Why wouldnt something like that be taken into account with the overload super computer that rules us all.

DriverNerd

That’s my point, if I’m four houses away, what’s the problem of bringing that regular NDA air on Saturday instead of 2 sureposts with a a single tshirt in each? Why wouldnt something like that be taken into account with the overload super computer that rules us all.
Yes, it's stupid.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Resi that's within a 3 day TNT and isn't in a super-rural area, and came from hubs that can reliably have the volume there by 7am

Also anything for territory locally-chosen by a PDS to be delivered anyways (rare until peak)

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Why wouldnt something like that be taken into account with the overload super computer that rules us all.
Basically because delivering air is expensive and we want to deliver at little of it as possible on a low density day like Saturday and more on Monday when there's more drivers to spread the commits

There's only two metro areas in the country where you could flip that air dynamic and make Saturday denser if you wanted