Saturday/Monday

BigBrownboxx

What do we do when my center has two 22.4 drivers and wants to do 8 Saturday routes. Then come monday they lay off over half of our RPCD drivers due to no work!? So what? Are we just tues-sat drivers? Small center 35 drivers and we do 15 monday routes

What do we do when my center has two 22.4 drivers and wants to do 8 Saturday routes. Then come monday they lay off over half of our RPCD drivers due to no work!? So what? Are we just tues-sat drivers? Small center 35 drivers and we do 15 monday routes
Take the layoff on Monday and make overtime on Saturday I guess for now

The stuff needs to be addressed in the next contract

BigBrownboxx

What do we do when my center has two 22.4 drivers and wants to do 8 Saturday routes. Then come monday they lay off over half of our RPCD drivers due to no work!? So what? Are we just tues-sat drivers? Small center 35 drivers and we do 15 monday routes. We don’t have the forced 6th day problem because our center is so small. We do not have enough work for Saturday ground delv

542thruNthru

What supplemental agreement are you under?

OrionIsDaddy

Volunteer to drive Saturday and volunteer to take the layoff on Monday.

Still only working 5 days but making 1.5x $ for working on a saturday

BrownStains

They build more routes on a Saturday then Monday here. I don’t work Saturday but been 12 hours every Monday because they cut so many routes and there is so much on the route. Nobody cares to work Saturday , half them are forced in. They keep pushing their Saturday bs at us . When I first started , Saturday was optional and it was only air that had to be done by 12. Now in an effort to compete with fedex and amazon, we go full bore on saturdays.

Hot Carl

They build more routes on a Saturday then Monday here. I don’t work Saturday but been 12 hours every Monday because they cut so many routes and there is so much on the route. Nobody cares to work Saturday , half them are forced in. They keep pushing their Saturday bs at us . When I first started , Saturday was optional and it was only air that had to be done by 12. Now in an effort to compete with fedex and amazon, we go full bore on saturdays.
And eventually, Sundays.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
To play devils advocate here.. amazon delivers 7 days a week. If we want to stay competitive we need to offer the same service. I’m starting to see more Amazon vans than UPS package cars. Just saying…

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
What? Demand your 8! If you are scheduled to work they cannot force you to stay home.
If you have a start time then you are guaranteed 8 hours. You should always have a start time because rpcd drivers are guaranteed a Monday through Friday schedule. Demand 8 every Monday. Never back down on it and eventually things will change.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
route cutting is the new flavor, these days they find enough people to take a voluntary layoff. We're too profitable for our own good, not only would they have to force Orion on Diad 6 in a bricked out rookie overdispatch, but also hog tie our arms and legs to become unproductive enough to steer away the average stock trader. 9.5 grievances are just a blip on their radar, take all the money you can, it's the only option for now.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
route cutting is the new flavor, these days they find enough people to take a voluntary layoff. We're too profitable for our own good, not only would they have to force Orion on Diad 6 in a bricked out rookie overdispatch, but also hog tie our arms and legs to become unproductive enough to steer away the average stock trader. 9.5 grievances are just a blip on their radar, take all the money you can, it's the only option for now.
We need more accidents and injuries!
✊🧔

GameCockFan

Don't come in on Saturday, call out. With 35 RCPDs they can have 8 22.4s. They need to hire enough to staff the operation. Everyone show up on Monday and demand your guaranteed 8hrs.