Saturday/Monday

Johney

To play devils advocate here.. amazon delivers 7 days a week. If we want to stay competitive we need to offer the same service. I’m starting to see more Amazon vans than UPS package cars. Just saying…
This could have something to do with that.

Attachments

• F18A326E-4558-4CBA-B7B9-75F03616A2C5.jpeg
    F18A326E-4558-4CBA-B7B9-75F03616A2C5.jpeg
    225.3 KB · Views: 86

Philipjfry

I keep trying to tell everyone that I speak to not to take the voluntary layoff and demand the 8, hoping that eventually they will write more routes, and stop this madness. I believe our stew is in bed with mgmt and doesn’t stop this.
What is a brother supposed to do?

542thruNthru

I keep trying to tell everyone that I speak to not to take the voluntary layoff and demand the 8, hoping that eventually they will write more routes, and stop this madness. I believe our stew is in bed with mgmt and doesn’t stop this.
Honestly. The company won't add more routes just because everyone demands 8 everyday. They'll see what's going on and layoff the bottom people before they did that.

ManInBrown

Unfortunately too many guys will go home
This right here is the problem. Every center has those certain number of drivers that will take layoff 2-3 days a week no matter what. What they don’t realize is they are only screwing themselves. Messing up their pension credits. They think UPS is doing them some big favor by allowing them to go home when in reality you’re doing them the favor because when you accept to not work, they can either slash another route, or put some lower paid driver in the seat. It can’t be solved because those same drivers don’t loom at the big picture. They just want to go home. For whatever reason. Wife makes bank, side job.

ManInBrown

Honestly. The company won't add more routes just because everyone demands 8 everyday. They'll see what's going on and layoff the bottom people before they did that.
What do you mean by layoff? If you’re a package car drive you’re guaranteed your 8. Don’t they have to give a weeks notice for layoff? I’m not even sure how it works. In my time in package never saw any drivers get officially “laid off”

542thruNthru

What do you mean by layoff? If you’re a package car drive you’re guaranteed your 8. Don’t they have to give a weeks notice for layoff? I’m not even sure how it works. In my time in package never saw any drivers get officially “laid off”
Layoff language is different everywhere but if absolutely no one was ever going home, soon the company would say "You three lower seniority driver's are laid off next week. You can get your 8 inside the building between two shifts."

They will not suddenly add 2 or 3 routes that barely pay 8 a day. They'd rather be under staffed than do that.

The everyone demanding 8 thing usually works best when it's out of no where like the building that had everyone show up on a Saturday and demand their 8. Doing it everyday makes it predictable and the company will adjust.

ManInBrown

Layoff language is different everywhere but if absolutely no one was ever going home, soon the company would say "You three lower seniority driver's are laid off next week. You can get your 8 inside the building between two shifts."

They will not suddenly add 2 or 3 routes that barely pay 8 a day. They'd rather be under staffed than do that.

The everyone demanding 8 thing usually works best when it's out of no where like the building that had everyone show up on a Saturday and demand their 8. Doing it everyday makes it predictable and the company will adjust.
Well if that’s the case then do it the hard way. Don’t do them any favors by volunteering to go home. Let them go thru the layoff process. They want cheap labor in the seat and the high paid drivers to take the day. It would still be the same result but make them do it the hard way. When I was in package, we had a driver that lived 45 minutes each way to get to work. That driver would go home 4 days a week if you let him. That’s just being an idiot. Quit and give someone else an opportunity to have a good job IMO. And then another thing that these drivers that go home all the time don’t think about, you think when it’s busy they’re going to let you leave? You could have a spouse dying and they’d hassle you. But when they don’t need you, it’s sure go home. It’s the same with meals at peak. They try to tell people don’t take meal if you don’t want to. Lolol. All when it’s convenient for them. Nah that’s ok I’ll take meal.

Overpaid Union Thug

But if they do that the 22.4s will ACTUALLY have to work inside!

HA!