Saturday PAS?

Saturday Pas and EDD, good idea or bad idea?

• Good idea

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Bad idea

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

outamyway

Good idea or bad idea.

It's happening here in a couple weeks. Should be interesting especially with the loading of strip cars. All volume will be on one belt. One loader per four cars.

Anyone else have PAS on Saturdays yet?

Last edited:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Why would pas be good on Saturdays, when it is not worth while during the week? I dont understand the premise of the poll.:happy2:

d

over9five

Staff member
Why would pas be good on Saturdays, when it is not worth while during the week? I dont understand the premise of the poll.:happy2:

d

Maybe it's a good idea. Think about it.... Less than 1% of weekday volume. PAS might actually have a chance to succeed!

They probably should have started PAS this way. A little at a time....Work out the kinks before deploying it during the week....

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I had a couple of Saturday 2nd Day Airs on Friday (2S on the label). Is there such a thing? They had a Worldship Label on them.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Yes, there is a Saturday 2nd day. Obviously the fact you had 2 on a Friday shows we put the cart ahead of the horse on another service offering.

browniehound

Maybe it's a good idea. Think about it.... Less than 1% of weekday volume. PAS might actually have a chance to succeed!

They probably should have started PAS this way. A little at a time....Work out the kinks before deploying it during the week....

I don't know if you were kidding or not, but I think it would have been an excellent idea to start PAS on the Saturday operations.

It was my opinion all along to start small and phase PAS in instead of just opening the flood gates and pissing all of our customers off for a good year.

Over, I guess this is why we don't make the big bucks. Apparently it was smarter to implement it the way it was, LOL.

pretzel_man

Good idea or bad idea.

It's happening here in a couple weeks. Should be interesting especially with the loading of strip cars. All volume will be on one belt. One loader per four cars.

Anyone else have PAS on Saturdays yet?

Seems to me like things will mirror how Monday - Friday went.

Many PAS sites are doing great. Some (as many here have described) are not doing well.

What's the difference? Its not the system. Its not the training. Its not the support. Its not the hourly employees.

The difference is the local management team.

PAS is a great tool. But like any other tool, if used improperly it can do damage.

So, PAS on Saturday. Not worth doing if its not done right.

If done right, cost will reduce and service will improve.

P-Man

Overpaid Union Thug

Why would anyone want PAS/EDD on Saturdays? Saturdays are a piece of cake. At least they are here. Sorting out packages is part of how we get our hours. If we used PAS/EDD that would take 15-30 minutes off each Saturday.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I had a couple of Saturday 2nd Day Airs on Friday (2S on the label). Is there such a thing? They had a Worldship Label on them.
" 2S " has been around for some time.
The rule is to attempt delivery be the end of your day; all " 1+S "( by 9am) and then " 1S " ( by noon ) finally " 2S ".

Babagounj

Strength through joy
PAS will be hard to do in Massachusetts on Saturday.
All buildings( South Boston, Somerville, Watertown, Norwood, Worcester, Chelmsford, Lynfield, Brockton,Cape Cod) send between 1-5 cars to UPS Logan Airport Building for a unload .Here each driver is in charge of what is loaded, mostly by towns or zipcodes. Then each car either returns to its own building to unload , or to meet other drivers somewhere, or leaves to start delivering .
Only the cars that return to their buildings would be able to be PAS. But again all cars are loaded by their drivers ( mostly only air drivers ) by town or zip codes. And in my building drivers can use only P700, P500 or P320 for Saturday work, that entails everyone finding their car and moving it to the one belt that is working. Many days the shuttle from Logan gets back before most drivers arrive . So the work is piled up until they show up.( if they show up ) Then after the sort is done we find out who is heavy & who is not , then its time to shift people and / or parcels around.