Saw some pictures of Tesla tractors....

quad decade guy

We'll be getting 30 all electric trucks here by April.
4 months? What about all the infrastructure? It's up and running?

Here, when we got CNG tractors.....they didn't have any fueling stations....

You had to fuel off property.....had to be one of the stupidest things UPS has done....well...recently.

Do you see any movement on the charging stations? Electrical additions? I hear it's beaucoup power intensive.

542thruNthru

You had to fuel off property.....had to be one of the stupidest things UPS has done....well...recently.

Do you see any movement on the charging stations? Electrical additions? I hear it's beaucoup power intensive.
The charging stations have been up for a couple years now.

This is a old picture from 2019.
20190828_091026.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years

The big question is what they will look like 4 months after UPS gets them. I would say they will be full of sunflower seeds and chew spit.

quad decade guy

Good gracious. Not even gonna be close to enough. These tractors needs lightning bolts thrown by Zeus.
In power depressed CA? Capitol of rolling black/brown outs? Hell, they are trying to get rid of power lines in CA......

Have we stumbled on a problem with EV's....? Again, was told the Tesla tractors need the equivalent of the entire buildings power requirements.....just 75 tractors....

And no real solutions in sight?

wilberforce15

In power depressed CA? Capitol of rolling black/brown outs? Hell, they are trying to get rid of power lines in CA......

Have we stumbled on a problem with EV's....? Again, was told the Tesla tractors need the equivalent of the entire buildings power requirements.....just 75 tractors....

And no real solutions in sight?
Not a problem with EVs.

It's a problem with CA.

quad decade guy

No, I don't see. CA isn't even in America as far as I'm concerned.
Gosh.....As Cali. goes so does America it is said...

Huh?

So, how do we take such a bizarre statement seriously and you also? So odd as to be trollish.

CA. has huge electrical problems. And the US will follow as fossil fuels are banned...as we we don't have alternatives. Electricity will have to be rationed for heat and necessary transportation as well as necessary industry. Cars will have to be the first to go.

Well if the water shortage doesn't kill them first....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Idk. The whole idea of platooning trucks seems dangerous and like a big liability to me. Doing it in the middle of the night in arizona is one thing. Add real traffic, construction, emergency vehicles and weather, etc...
They won’t platoon to the final destination. Just to a drop point I’d imagine. Keeping them on major highways and out of cities.

trickpony1

What's the range on these electric tractors?
Will they make a 250 mile line haul and then turn around and come back?

Electrically helping.

wilberforce15

What's the range on these electric tractors?
Will they make a 250 mile line haul and then turn around and come back?

Electrically helping.
The desperation smells bad. You will always find something they can't do. And that slice will get smaller and smaller and smaller until you can't point at anything.