Scabs complaining about the steward not representing them

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Live long enough and you'll see everything I have heard,and I'm starting to believe it!
We have two scabs in our center who crossed the line in the One Day Strike of 1994 and the Contract Strike of 1997.These individuals have always been very vociferous in their dislike of all things union,and love to brag how they get all of the positives of Union Employees without having to pay. Yup,classic textbook scabs.
They have now decided to complain about our Union Steward ,and are unhappy with the way their grievances are being handled ( I cant make this stuff up !) One of the scabs signed the Extra Work List. He wanted to come in early and work preload ,then run a partial route. Instead he was dispatched with 11 hours days om his route. As this wasnt to his liking,he wanted to get on the 9.5 list. When our steward told him he 'd file but the steward was certain it would be rejected due to the scab signing up for Extra Work,the scab berated our steward as 'not doing his job' and not providing the scab with proper representation

The second scab calls our steward almost every day,complaining about perceived transgressions by management and 'wants to know what the steward is going to do about it'. Our steward encouraged the scab to file if he isnt happy with the way he is being treated,and the scab tells our steward 'thats your job,and you need to do it!'

Both scabs have now called our BA, and are wanting a new election citing 'incompetence' of the Steward . The BA pretty much told them they had no grounds for grievances,and he felt the steward was doing an excellent job. The downshot is we will probably lose a very good steward because he is fed up with all of the BS and is probably going to step down .

The joys of living in a Right to Work State!!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If you don't pay u should forfeit all rights union employees have they should not even be allowed to file as far as I'm concerned.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Eff them both, you pay no dues, therefor deserve NO REPRESENTATION!

If you don't pay u should forfeit all rights union employees have they should not even be allowed to file as far as I'm concerned.

I understand how you feel but if there is proof that a Union representative is not providing the same representation and support to all union represented employees, he/she can charged with a crime and even go to jail.

iruhnman630

What does all that have to do with rtw? If they choose not to be in the union (as they should be allowed to) that choice should come at the price of losing union protection. Period.

As far as the 'scab' grudge thing...let it go.

edit: I missed the bragging about not paying part, hence the rtw reference.

Inthegame

I understand how you feel but if there is proof that a Union representative is not providing the same representation and support to all union represented employees, he/she can charged with a crime and even go to jail.
And jails are overflowing with union reps for this nearly impossible to prove charge.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Tell them the UNION consists of U N I, not THEM. Your in my local as I'm out of Roswell and the same crap goes on over here. Ball washers complaining about how their deals with management go bad or how they got screwed somehow and all the sudden want to be pro union when it fits them. How most of us by the book guys solve it is we give them one chance and show them what they need to do. If they do the whole,"Yeah man, I'm gonna start filing and doing it how we should" speech, then turn around and piss on you when their problem gets solved we write them off.

These types lie in bed with back door deals to go home, work off the clock, pull their own splits, and a host of other things that benifit them but screw others. All of this deal making eventually bites them in the ass again and when they come looking for regular Joe Worker like myself, not a steward, I tell them to piss off, they reap what they sow. Being a non steward I have no obligation to help people that will just as soon piss on their brother. /rant off

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I've yet to see management suffer the same even after being reported to the labor board for intimidating drivers for filing grievances, trying to get them pulled.

just interested

It's state law that over-rides the requirement to join the union, but still gives all employees of that particular state all union rights and protections. You'd have to change your state laws if you don't like it.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
It's state law that over-rides the requirement to join the union, but still gives all employees of that particular state all union rights and protections. You'd have to change your state laws if you don't like it.
That will never ever happen in the Anti-Union South.

hembone

Live long enough and you'll see everything I have heard,and I'm starting to believe it!
We have two scabs in our center who crossed the line in the One Day Strike of 1994 and the Contract Strike of 1997.These individuals have always been very vociferous in their dislike of all things union,and love to brag how they get all of the positives of Union Employees without having to pay. Yup,classic textbook scabs.
They have now decided to complain about our Union Steward ,and are unhappy with the way their grievances are being handled ( I cant make this stuff up !) One of the scabs signed the Extra Work List. He wanted to come in early and work preload ,then run a partial route. Instead he was dispatched with 11 hours days om his route. As this wasnt to his liking,he wanted to get on the 9.5 list. When our steward told him he 'd file but the steward was certain it would be rejected due to the scab signing up for Extra Work,the scab berated our steward as 'not doing his job' and not providing the scab with proper representation

The second scab calls our steward almost every day,complaining about perceived transgressions by management and 'wants to know what the steward is going to do about it'. Our steward encouraged the scab to file if he isnt happy with the way he is being treated,and the scab tells our steward 'thats your job,and you need to do it!'

Both scabs have now called our BA, and are wanting a new election citing 'incompetence' of the Steward . The BA pretty much told them they had no grounds for grievances,and he felt the steward was doing an excellent job. The downshot is we will probably lose a very good steward because he is fed up with all of the BS and is probably going to step down .

The joys of living in a Right to Work State!!!
Actually they are not scabs,scabs are a union member that crosses a picket line. However I was a steward in a RTW state and I would tell the two freeloaders to kiss my ass.

hembone

Actually they are not scabs,scabs are a union member that crosses a picket line. However I was a steward in a RTW state and I would tell the two freeloaders to kiss my ass.
I apologize, after rereading your post I see they did cross. I will read more closely next time.

News flash Einstein they crossed in 97.

Scabs are like snitches & snitches need stitches cause they are little beeitches.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
728, are you in the south??? What has happen in history that makes the south so anti union??? On average incomes are very low there so union would help the average person or family. I see them on the news, the unemployed or the minumum wage worker in the south complaining about obama and healthcare but these people would benefit the most from the help...can someone explain this????

728, are you in the south??? What has happen in history that makes the south so anti union??? On average incomes are very low there so union would help the average person or family. I see them on the news, the unemployed or the minumum wage worker in the south complaining about obama and healthcare but these people would benefit the most from the help...can someone explain this????
Maybe it's because the south is a republican stronghold. Republicans hate unions maybe that's it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Southerners have a strong work ethic and a strong sense of principle and a strong sense of individuality.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

It is not a coincidence that the majority of RTW states were former slave states with Jim Crow laws well into the 1960's.