Schedule change every other week.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Osubrownguy, May 22, 2020.

1. Osubrownguy

Osubrownguy Active Member

For the last month management has been changing my schedule from Tuesday -Saturday to Monday thru Friday every other week. So basically I get 2 weekends with 2 days off then rest of month just Sunday’s off.. I looked thru the contract and could not find any info that relates to my issue... I’m in central btw

2. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

I would bury them in grievances.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Osubrownguy

What, harassment? I already do every week being on the 9.5 list... but hey pays for my vacation this year

4. DriverNerd

DriverNerd Active Member

Not much you can do about it as long as they are following seniority. If you wanted a permanent schedule they could probably move you to tues-sat if you would prefer that. If you'd prefer m-f, not much you can do.

5. UnionGuy

UnionGuy Member

That can't be right. Are you Southwest?

6. Osubrownguy

It seems like it’s whatever works best for management for that particular week.. I have told them I don’t mind either schedule just need consistency

7. Shift Inhibit

Shift Inhibit He who laughs last didn't get it.

COVID

8. DriverNerd

DriverNerd Active Member

That's strange because in my hub if you wanted to move permanently to Tuesday to Saturday you'd be able to immediately - as long as lower seniority t-s guys wanted to work m-f.

9. Osubrownguy

I would gladly be tues-sat instead of what’s happening to me now. Another week where I worked Tuesday (Monday holiday) thru sat. Then next week Im scheduled for Monday. Somethings not right here and I can’t find any contract language that’s related to my situation...

10. Misthios

Misthios I love my job. Don't you?

Are you a m-f bid driver?

11. Osubrownguy

Cover driver, Schedule change every other week from m-f to t-sat

12. Misthios

Misthios I love my job. Don't you?

I went through the same thing last year. Went on for about 2 months because we fired a guy. Steward couldn't do anything to help me but he's a piece of crap. Be patient it will pass. Also remember they can't mandate a 6 day punch.