Scheduled days off have to be approved by the manager?

iruhnman630

Sad part is, this time of year staffing is not really an issue.

But no, you dont get to dictate your attendance to your employer.

You can always ask. If they say no and you choose not to come in anyway then you risk discipline according to the contract.

That is how it works.

You must weigh how important the event is you want to attend.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
UPS Customer Center photos

This photo was for a scheduled day off that no one in mgt remembered about. Nobody at that center had my cell number , they had to call just about every sup I had ever worked for to find it. I was some 40 miles away sitting in a doctor's office when they called.

Heavy Package

I was told that all I had to do was notify a supervisor if I was scheduling off and to text them. I had been doing that until this particular manager suddenly says I cannot schedule off tomorrow even when I notified them early and said I wasn't going to be in because of an mlk event I was going to. This supervisor is saying if I don't go in then I will get a write-up.

images

AwashBwashCwash

By the way if anyone is keeping track, I've used that option day 6 times now.
I used it Monday and Tuesday this week back to back. Planning on using it again tomorrow. He just keeps putting it in the computer as scheduled off. What will it take for him to realize that I'm not supposed to have unlimited option days? You'd think he would ask the manager at some point. It really needs to be taken away from me because I can't help myself.

542thruNthru

I used it Monday and Tuesday this week back to back. Planning on using it again tomorrow. He just keeps putting it in the computer as scheduled off. What will it take for him to realize that I'm not supposed to have unlimited option days? You'd think he would ask the manager at some point. It really needs to be taken away from me because I can't help myself.

Are you being paid each time? If so don't worry payroll will catch it at some point and you will owe UPS money.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

He apparently has enough people wllling to come in and make money, so he doesn't need you.

M

MenInBrown

They either check approved or unapproved. If unapproved, call in at least an hour before start time. Nothing they can do about it.

rocket man

I was told that all I had to do was notify a supervisor if I was scheduling off and to text them. I had been doing that until this particular manager suddenly says I cannot schedule off tomorrow even when I notified them early and said I wasn't going to be in because of an mlk event I was going to. This supervisor is saying if I don't go in then I will get a write-up.
let them write up write a letter of concern on it and have a good day off friend* them all. Always remember every write-up has to be responded to