Scheduled for my 2nd interview....

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Those are 2 very physically demanding jobs, especially in the summertime when it's scorching. You might have to hang around for a while between when 1 job starts and the other ends. Some days you might do 1 job only depending on personnel, some days neither. You're at the bottom on the list, and it flows downhill, sooooo.

WCBD4U

Those are 2 very physically demanding jobs, especially in the summertime when it's scorching. You might have to hang around for a while between when 1 job starts and the other ends. Some days you might do 1 job only depending on personnel, some days neither. You're at the bottom on the list, and it flows downhill, sooooo.

That's what I've heard/read. The manager told me that I'd be 2nd or 3rd on the list?? I'm not sure what she meant. She said I wouldn't have to stay for both jobs in one day most days unless I got back early, she said something about only being allowed to work 14 hrs, and having to have 10 hours off between driving... I have to wait for my husband to get home so we can discuss it in depth and decide what I want to do. I would like to put my CDL to use. But being that it's just Class B it's hard.

WCBD4U

Did you mean when you're not driving, load? Never seen a regular driver load, afterward.
No, I wouldn't do both jobs in one day unless it was absolutely necessary and if I got back from delivering early, she said even that is rare. I would be a cover driver, and on days they didn't need me I'd just show up to load from 4:30/5 till 9/10PM

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Class A is only in Feeders (tractor trailers) It's good to have that just in case, tho. BTW, in case you didn't know, you're not allowed to post pics on yourself here.

WCBD4U

35E1979D-4C3A-40E8-81CB-5AD200F65C18-1074-00000126DA3F4DDC.jpeg
Class A is only in Feeders (tractor trailers) It's good to have that just in case, tho. BTW, in case you didn't know, you're not allowed to post pics on yourself here.
Thanks! I changed the avitar. I also was shocked to hear that to drive this truck no class B CDL was required... Hmmmmm??

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Thats a big bertha, or at least that's what we call them down here. Don't know what dictates a different class license needed. Gross weight? number of axles? I think anyone who drives a PC can drive a bertha.

WCBD4U

J
Thats a big bertha, or at least that's what we call them down here. Don't know what dictates a different class license needed. Gross weight? number of axles? I think anyone who drives a PC can drive a bertha.
Hahaha! Yes, the manager said they called their box truck "The Hog"

WCBD4U

Oh and as long as the Hog/Bertha...is 26,000 lbs or less and doesn't have air brakes....anyone with a Class C is legal to drive it.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
If your shift is roughly 5 hours, starting at 5pm of so, most driver dispatch would already have been handled in the AM. My guess, is you'll mostly be loading/unloading. You might get a token driving assignment to go help with pickups or that kind of thing. Just my guess.

WCBD4U

If your shift is roughly 5 hours, starting at 5pm of so, most driver dispatch would already have been handled in the AM. My guess, is you'll mostly be loading/unloading. You might get a token driving assignment to go help with pickups or that kind of thing. Just my guess.
I'm sure. But she said I was being hired as a cover a driver so I'm thinking that if there wasn't a route to cover on a day, they'll have me come in for an evening of loading/unloading.