scheduled off

sailink37

So on sept 3rd I talked to my supervisor to try and switch to the twilight shift because I am always late to school after the preload shift. He said he would take care of it, and then told me I was set to change shifts on sept 17th. On the friday before the 17th, my supervisor told me to talk the the human resources person about my new shift. The human resources person said I wasn't even registered for a shift change and that she'll try to change my shift by the 24th.
*update - I called HR and was told I have to wait another week for my shift to change. I then noticed that my time card viewer said scheduled off for the whole week. Did they just give me the week off because I told them I'm always late for school, or does this mean I'm fired?
Thanks.

km3

So on sept 3rd I talked to my supervisor to try and switch to the twilight shift because I am always late to school after the preload shift. He said he would take care of it, and then told me I was set to change shifts on sept 17th. On the friday before the 17th, my supervisor told me to talk the the human resources person about my new shift. The human resources person said I wasn't even registered for a shift change and that she'll try to change my shift by the 24th.
*update - I called HR and was told I have to wait another week for my shift to change. I then noticed that my time card viewer said scheduled off for the whole week. Did they just give me the week off because I told them I'm always late for school, or does this mean I'm fired?
Thanks.

Go in to work and find out. They would have taken your badge and walked you out if you were fired.

john chesney

Thanks.
It has been my experience that when they fire you ya kinda realize it.

Nimnim

The Nim
Thanks.

So on the 14th your sup said to talk to HR and you either didn't talk to HR then, I'd not have left work until I talked to HR(If you have to call them because they don't have staffing on site I'd not have stopped calling that day until I talked to them), or did and were told they didn't know about it and couldn't do it for over a week past when you were told to contact them. HR can get these things done much faster than that. Literally hours if they have to get in touch with people who aren't at the facility.

While shift changes do have HR involved, they also have the shift managers involved as well. I'd have asked my sup for a contact number for the twilight shift manager so I could talk to them about when I should show up.

If they wanted to actually fire you you wouldn't be listed as scheduled off, they'd have let you accumulate attendance infractions to discipline for a termination.

They likely don't care about you and are either purposely being slow to see if you'll just quit or purposely being slow because they don't want to do the work and you're not pushing them.