Scratch to qualify

Mo19072

You are more than likely delivering to a stop on the right and Orion has you doing the house on the left at the end of the day.
It does but I figured that out by now. Orion has been 90 % good but I do right and left at the same time and never hit that road again.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
friend no. They are searching through load at 10:20 trying to find them. I always verify my air before leaving the building. It took me a little longer on Friday. Couldn’t find 2 of em., ...well that’s because they weren’t spa’d to the 1000 section. They were spa’d into the load with the ground Smh.

I always enjoy when dispatch buries several NDA envelopes into my 40 piece bulk stop. That's a rootin' tootin' good 'ol time right there.

Underallowed306

You were 3 minutes over after only a week. I would call that scratch (and so would your steward). If you are already scratch after a week, you will easily find ways to save more time, especially if you’re running the same route every day. Your boss just wants you under allowed so he can send you out to help some other putz who’s not putting in the effort.

Mo19072

You were 3 minutes over after only a week. I would call that scratch (and so would your steward). If you are already scratch after a week, you will easily find ways to save more time, especially if you’re running the same route every day. Your boss just wants you under allowed so he can send you out to help some other putz who’s not putting in the effort.
I actually would ve been under if they didn’t dispatch me an on demand pick up that was 15 minutes out of my way. But good point

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Besides counting my airs and sticking them in a tote box, I also dig out that almighty first stop that ORION wants me to make. Once you get some sorting space, set up a section so you don't lose so much time hunting for boxes. Pickup boxes that fall off the shelf and stick them in the right section. You lose a lot of time in the back of a package car.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
hitting anything, late air and mis-delivered ground are still the primary focus point. Don't do these three things and you can generally qualify without having incredible numbers.

How does your car look in the morning? Preload? You could masage your load a little bit and see if you can't get a stop or two in with your air. Especially the small resi ground that can be included with their air. Bring a sharpie and mark everything.

You could then use part of your lunch to chat up a certain area like a big dock or apartment complex so that you can very quickly knock out the stop after lunch.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Any suggestions on how to save more time?

That just comes with experience.

Always involve your training supe and center manager, looking for suggestions.

Even if it's on a daily basis. Showing concern for learning how to do the job and

get better, can outweigh being under every day.

RxSatellite

hitting anything, late air and mis-delivered ground are still the primary focus point. Don't do these three things and you can generally qualify without having incredible numbers.

How does your car look in the morning? Preload? You could masage your load a little bit and see if you can't get a stop or two in with your air. Especially the small resi ground that can be included with their air. Bring a sharpie and mark everything.

You could then use part of your lunch to chat up a certain area like a big dock or apartment complex so that you can very quickly knock out the stop after lunch.

Im qualifying right now and Im not allowed to step foot on my package car until after PCM. Not like it would help much since im completely bricked out now.

Mo19072

Im qualifying right now and Im not allowed to step foot on my package car until after PCM. Not like it would help much since im completely bricked out now.
They must be worried about off the clock injuries. My center wouldn’t care if I loaded my entire truck myself.

ManInBrown

So I did 7 days out of 30 including the first 3 with the sup.
My first day on my own I was 185 clicks over because I was still learning the area and I was taking time mapping stops. The second day I was 80 clicks over. The third day I was 44 clicks. And finally my fourth day I was only 5 clicks over. My boss wants me to show I can be under. I learned my area very well and I’m sorting the sh— out my truck using my lunch break. I started writing down my irregs that are on the floor so I don’t have to look for them. I don’t know what else to do.

Orion wants me to deliver grounds with airs at my businesses before my house airs but there is no time because businesses are heavy, no loading docks, and there is always one or two house airs out of the way. So I do business airs, house airs then go back to do business grounds.

Also I follow trace over 90% of the time and I’m always over Orion’s miles. I guess because I’m going back to businesses twice.

Thanks in advance
Hate to say it but if sup is really harping on you being under instead of 5 over they probably already decided they’re going to DQ you. I’ve seen drivers they wanted to qualify never scratch once, and they pushed them thru. 5 clicks over is nothing. When I left package if you were less then 100 over that was scratching.

Dr.Brownz

My first day on my own I was 185 clicks over because I was still learning the area and I was taking time mapping stops. The second day I was 80 clicks over. The third day I was 44 clicks. And finally my fourth day I was only 5 clicks over. My boss wants me to show I can be under. I learned my area very well and I’m sorting the sh— out my truck using my lunch break. I started writing down my irregs that are on the floor so I don’t have to look for them. I don’t know what else to do.

Orion wants me to deliver grounds with airs at my businesses before my house airs but there is no time because businesses are heavy, no loading docks, and there is always one or two house airs out of the way. So I do business airs, house airs then go back to do business grounds.

Also I follow trace over 90% of the time and I’m always over Orion’s miles. I guess because I’m going back to businesses twice.

Thanks in advance

Run the residential airs first, then do all the business's. Breaking trace will add extra miles, thus bumping up your dispatch number, if your time study isn't garbage.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Thanks in advance
5 click over is darn good. The center manager would be a fool not to keep you.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
These guys are set up 2 fail.
My training route, which I learned on RDO shelf to shelf, is now destroying lives. It's such an easy business route, yet Orion completely chops it to the point where it's basically inconceivable to scratch. Feel bad for the 4 guys who have failed so far, it's not their fault at all