Seasonal Driver / Helper

B

BrownCreek

First Off, Let me just say all you UPS drivers are bunch of hard working people, Hats off to you guys. Anyway I have a ?, I was hired the first week of november as a seasonal driver, and all I have been doing avery day for the last 4-5 weeks is help drivers, do you think I will eventualy be driving, should I say something to the center sup. or should I just wait and see what happens. I realy would like to start driving. By the way I have helped 4 drivers total and they all have said that I'm an excellent helper. What should I do. Thanks Guys

AirDriverAmy

As long as you are being paid your rate for doing other work, I would'nt really worry about it. That's easy for me to say because it's not me. I signed up to be a seasonal driver and I have yet to be called. I will be paid $17.29 per hour if I go seasonal. I just go to work and do my job. I don't even ask when am I going to go "Reg Temp". They will call me when they need me.
It's up to you. I guess you could ask your supervisor.

VTBrown

Amy...I fail to see how this program works for you.

How would the Union allow a PT Perm. employee in an Air Driver classification deliver ground for $17.29hr when we are at $28+ depending upon where you are.

In the real world - you deliver ground with your air you get full rate for the day.

Then again why would you not grieve it? If they have the work for you to do since they are understaffed - then it would be full ground rate.

AirDriverAmy

Because I would go back to my PT Air driving position. 17.29 would be a huge pay increase. This is only for peak season. Brown Creek was hired to be a seasonal driver but ended up jumping. This was last year not this year. It's just October.

Amy...I fail to see how this program works for you.

How would the Union allow a PT Perm. employee in an Air Driver classification deliver ground for $17.29hr when we are at $28+ depending upon where you are.

In the real world - you deliver ground with your air you get full rate for the day.

Then again why would you not grieve it? If they have the work for you to do since they are understaffed - then it would be full ground rate.