Seasonal Preloader with a few questions...

So I did some searching and didn't find anything, if these have already been answered I apologize in advance.

I got hired on for the summer to do morning loading/unloading and I can't/don't want to be hired on after the season as I'm a college student doing this for books and booze money. Just had a few questions.

1. I'm in a state where I'm required to join the union, but our rider (central) says that seasonal employees don't get anything except the wages. Is that consistent? Am I missing something? (I'd ask a steward but I have no idea who they are yet.)

2. What's a 9.5? We had a really rough morning today and I was talking to a driver and he said that they're all filing them. Figured it has something to do with their hours but idk.

3. What should I be focusing on to make it past 30 days, other than showing up on time every day (or having a pulse as some posts have been saying).

4. What's the chain of command? I'm pretty sure I report to the box line supervisor, who do they report to upward?

Sorry if these are dumb, I definitely feel dumb after my first few days lmao.

A PT guy that wants to get on the 9.5 list.

Hilarious

Please do tell me where I said I wanted to get on it? I get it's a driver (or FT in general?) thing, just wanted to know where it comes from/why drivers are interested in it...

Only semi-related but you seem to have some kind of negative response to every post on this site, and have a special hard-on for hating on loaders.

Indecisi0n

Please do tell me where I said I wanted to get on it? I get it's a driver (or FT in general?) thing, just wanted to know where it comes from/why drivers are interested in it...

Only semi-related but you seem to have some kind of negative response to every post on this site, and have a special hard-on for hating on loaders.
Don't mind @Maple Grove MN Driver . He's was fired from UPS 4 years ago and won't go away. Technically he isn't breaking any rules so we can't just ban him.

PT Car Washer

The 9.5 list is to protect FT delivery drivers from excessive OT. As far as a chain of command, who knows. If things go well everyone wants to take credit. If things go bad, not my fault.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
So I did some searching and didn't find anything, if these have already been answered I apologize in advance.

I got hired on for the summer to do morning loading/unloading and I can't/don't want to be hired on after the season as I'm a college student doing this for books and booze money. Just had a few questions.

1. I'm in a state where I'm required to join the union, but our rider (central) says that seasonal employees don't get anything except the wages. Is that consistent? Am I missing something? (I'd ask a steward but I have no idea who they are yet.)

2. What's a 9.5? We had a really rough morning today and I was talking to a driver and he said that they're all filing them. Figured it has something to do with their hours but idk.

3. What should I be focusing on to make it past 30 days, other than showing up on time every day (or having a pulse as some posts have been saying).

4. What's the chain of command? I'm pretty sure I report to the box line supervisor, who do they report to upward?

Sorry if these are dumb, I definitely feel dumb after my first few days lmao.
1. That’s correct. You don’t get union protections or guarantees until you gain seniority except for wages.

2. 9.5 is a list of drivers who don’t want more than 9 1/2 hours paid and get penalty pay if they go over. Not to sound like a D but it doesn’t concern you as a PT employee.

3. Show up everyday don’t be a headache. They will keep anybody.

4. Part time sup. is your direct boss. Then FT sup. After that, I don’t know, never worked preload and I’m sure it varies by location.

BrownSnowFlake

You should look into PT transfer for college students. Some big hubs have the Learn to Earn and after 4 years that’s $20,000 you don’t have to pay back.

Might not work for you. But maybe worth a look.