security....

xkingx

dannyboy said:
Even with signs posted, that does not mean they are not. Take walmart, they post signs that they are not responsible for baskart damage. But that does not make it so. All that does is deter the timid from even asking.

d

oh trust ive been pursuing this one...Im rallying up the other troops and hitting them with a nice claim:wink:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
They never had security but once until last year. That one time was when they fired a driver and I guess they were scared of him.

This latest bunch of security is in response to the theft of oxycontin from our building by people coming to pick it up at the center. Seems even with as many sups as we have at the shop, they were walking right in, and trotting out without paying for the drugs. After several, they hired a rental cop that sits by the front gate (while most customers and drivers use the back gate).

Our whole preload and all of our sups, and about 1/3 of our drivers park inside the gate while the rest park out in the employee parking lot.

Its not unusual to see employees putting packages into their vehicle either. Some because it belongs to them, others picking up packages for someone else. and then others......who knows. We had one guy that picked himself up a case of shoes, and then tried to take them to the store claiming he had bought them and they did not fit. Problem was the shipment was a new line, and he stole the only box full they were getting that month.

So as you can tell, while there is a show, there is no security.

d

outta hours

Nope no money ever paid back here for a car break in or theft. I forgot to mention even though security says they are not responsible for what goes on in the parking lot. They will call a towing company if you park in one of the United Way spots that are reserved for the biggest donors. Go figure.

Joopster

Boxline Sorter
I am going to screw with our security and see just how secure they are...We have these lame ID's we show when going through our metal detectors..

I am going to make one with a picture of Elmo on there and change the picture everyday until they actually stop me....

I bet I could go 6 months before someone noticed it....

yeah security is pretty tight around my way.. Chain link fences with razor wire on the top.. cameras all over the place.. multiple guard shacks around the property..

J

Just curious

Was wondering if any other friend/T management employees around the country get to "volunteer" weekend time a few times a year to do security at UPS buildings.
Also, does anyone see how silly it is that we have outside agencies paying retirees around minimum wage to "guard" us? Well we have outside agencies helping recruit and hire our employees so maybe its a good idea....YIKES

J

Just curious

20togo said:
They arrested our security guard for allowing her husband to load up their car with pkgs at night.

He is lucky his wife was a security guard and not dispatching via PAS. How silly he would have looked overloaded with packages strapped to his hood!!!!