security?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
So let's see if I understand....if said employee is a suck up rear end smoocher who runs all day unsafely without taking the proper amount of relief time , this said employee is afforded "special" privileges. Also just so I am clear, is this special and different treatment acceptable to all parties covered my the Master CBA? I was under the impression that all employees were to be treated equal. Is this a side deal made,expressly forbidden by said CBA and the afore mentioned suck up rear end smooches? Please enlighten this entire forum, thank you BC
Sounds like you are being hostile. We have R&G's that are afforded special privileges all the time. It doesn't matter what we say about it, it falls on deaf ears. What Dave said is the truth, regardless of how you look at it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sounds like you are being hostile. We have R&G's that are afforded special privileges all the time. It doesn't matter what we say about it, it falls on deaf ears. What Dave said is the truth, regardless of how you look at it.

Broken mirrors tend to get overlooked when you run scratch.

BrownArmy

I am always willing to help, if needed.

Me too.

In fact, it's where I get much of my overtime: chasing drivers to pick up air, driving to another town to get a bulk pickup because the driver can't contain, etc.

In my center, there seems to be a disconnect between the 1st shift vs. 2nd shift office staff.

For instance: this week I covered a route with an early start time, yet the office still had me chasing other drivers getting their air, getting random on-calls that drivers had refused, etc.

Easiest overtime I've ever made.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have suggested several times to my center manager that the morning OMS should brief the afternoon OMS who in turn should brief the evening OMS. This seems to never happen and we get the same confusion that you speak of.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I have suggested several times to my center manager that the morning OMS should brief the afternoon OMS who in turn should brief the evening OMS. This seems to never happen and we get the same confusion that you speak of.
As drivers, we lose a lot of time due to OMS's not communicating with each other. I have and it irritates the hell out of me. I think this should be mandatory.

BrownArmy

I (and many others) have spoken to our current center manager and the last center manager about this issue...

Nothing changes.

It's frustrating, and annoying, but, like I said, it's the easiest OT I've ever made.

(Don't hate the player, hate, um, the game?...or, hate the game, don't play with the hater?...umm, not sure how to classify this one...)

W

want to retire

To the best of my knowledge, we have never been told that we can't stop in the parking lot before punch out. I am in a very small center and it's not a big deal. I've stopped at my vehicle leaving in the morning and coming in at night.

OK. You probably, haven't been told not to steal turn in money....but hey in a very small center......we do things a bit different....right?

This is like a movie. A western maybe.

It's been a most interesting day. Very revealing and surprisingly honest.........

So, to you: won't mind being fired for this? will you you use the "to the best of my knowledge, we've never been told....."?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
At my Hub, Loss Prevention recently installed Remote Cameras to watch our guards. Now we have to show ID entering and we get the wand on the way out....

yeldarb

We get the wand going in and out. There was a grievance done a while back because the guards were so thorough, after a part time shift it might take 10 minutes to get through because of the line. The grievance was they should get paid if they are having to wait to leave. I don't know the result though.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
OK. You probably, haven't been told not to steal turn in money....but hey in a very small center......we do things a bit different....right?

It's been a most interesting day. Very revealing and surprisingly honest.........

So, to you: won't mind being fired for this? will you you use the "to the best of my knowledge, we've never been told....."?

Which is why there is a thing in the contract called "past practice".

If the "past practice" at some little bohunk center for the last half century has for employees to start the defrosters in their personal cars on frigid nights before they clock out in a facility with no fence and no designated parking lot, the company isnt going to get anywhere in a termination hearing if it all of the sudden gets a wild hair up its ass to fire someone for "theft of time".

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

Stick your sarcastic remarks where the sun don't shine. It's called progressive discipline for a reason and at this point in time we have never been told that we can't stop at our vehicles. So, until that happens, NO I am not worried about it.