Seeing in the dark

djkre8r

Now that it gets dark earlier - what do you use to see better in the dark?

I bought a LED hat at Lowes that is incredible. It had 1 LED pointing forward and 2 LEDs under the bill that lights up your walk path. Lowes normally puts these on sale during the Black Friday weekend. Link below...
I also bought a flashlight last year that shines White, Red, Green, and blinks Red. The blinking came in real handy one night when I was delivering on a busy road.
811465278725lg.jpg
Shop Panther Vision Spotlight LED Flashlight at Lowes.com
811465278725lg.jpg

UPSGUY72

I carry a little AA maglite in my Backpack just in case my helper get scarred of the dark other wise I don't use a light it's just one more thing that I have to keep track of and that gets in the way.

rod

Retired 22 years
I carry a little AA maglite in my Backpack just in case my helper get scarred of the dark other wise I don't use a light it's just one more thing that I have to keep track of and that gets in the way.

You would use one if you were delivering in the country and you had to walk up a path that was darker than the inside of a cow. Not every route has street lights on every corner. Come to think of it I bet there was a big increase in flashlight users on the east coast this last week or so..

OptimusPrime

Swing driver. Was sent to help a fellow driver in the blind. Apparently they can't afford street lights. Anyways, damn the DIAD V is too damn bright. But the flashlight function works great.

Argize

Cool looking hat!

I just got a new flashlight that's a total beast! It puts out 500 Lumens up to 200 meters. ( It also has lower settings and a strobe light feature for entertaining those "special customers" on your route. :rolleyes:) It's waterproof, impact resistant and comes with a stainless steel pocket clip, a holster and lanyard so you have various carry options. You can also order an optional weapon mount and utilize it that way. It's pretty pricey but I totally love it since I have a rural route and don't see in the dark as well as I used to. http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h163/rchay/Other/M20-X.jpg
M20-X.jpg

Big Babooba

You would use one if you were delivering in the country and you had to walk up a path that was darker than the inside of a cow. Not every route has street lights on every corner. Come to think of it I bet there was a big increase in flashlight users on the east coast this last week or so..
Hmmm....Never been inside a cow. Which end do you go in?

BrownArmy

Streamlight Polytac LED.

Not all of us are on the same route every day...

I know about 30+ routes, I get sent wherever and wherever...

Fits nicely in the hand, or shirt pocket, etc...

It has an on/off switch which also functions as a 'momentary' switch...quite useful.

Batteries are special, but can be bought in bulk on Amazon or eBay.

I've gone through four or five flashlights, this one's the deal...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Cool looking hat!

I just got a new flashlight that's a total beast! It puts out 500 Lumens up to 200 meters. ( It also has lower settings and a strobe light feature for entertaining those "special customers" on your route. :rolleyes:) It's waterproof, impact resistant and comes with a stainless steel pocket clip, a holster and lanyard so you have various carry options. You can also order an optional weapon mount and utilize it that way. It's pretty pricey but I totally love it since I have a rural route and don't see in the dark as well as I used to. http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h163/rchay/Other/M20-X.jpg

I'd lose that in a heart beat.

Buck Fifty

Cool looking hat!

I'd lose that in a heart beat.[/QUOTE

If it comes up missing, just check your wife's top nightstand drawer !:bigsmile2:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Never carried a flashlight. I prefer to park in front of a house, realize its not the one, and walk down to the correct house half a block away.

UPSGUY72

Cool looking hat!

For how much that flashlight cost it should deliver the package for you.