Seeking advice on bad situation w/ driver

trickpony1

lol, no I have no animosity towards management. Quite the opposite in fact. It's not management I have no use for, it's just Tie. I don't like the double standards he has for hourly and salary nor his constant reliance on insults rather than discourse. I'm sure he'll step forward and call me stupid again. It's a long ordeal... but I've always gotten along with management who is of higher caliber.

Canon-I second that emotion, I couldn't have said it better myself!

tieguy

Banned
lol, no I have no animosity towards management. Quite the opposite in fact. It's not management I have no use for, it's just Tie. I don't like the double standards he has for hourly and salary nor his constant reliance on insults rather than discourse. I'm sure he'll step forward and call me stupid again. It's a long ordeal... but I've always gotten along with management who is of higher caliber.

lol, great joke. You have put down every management person in your building for either being discharged or for incompetence. You are frustrated to tears with how you view your present management staff treats you. Yet you claim I am the only management person you have a problem with. Thats rich.

canon

lol, great joke. You have put down every management person in your building for either being discharged or for incompetence. You are frustrated to tears with how you view your present management staff treats you. Yet you claim I am the only management person you have a problem with. Thats rich.

Not true Tie. I listed the ones (didn't use names) that had been discharged over my 14 years at UPS. My current mgmt team I get along with, but wont fix pas. I am expected to reach the goals a "fixed" PAS system brings, yet they wont fix it. I've always maintained I get along well with management. My frustrations are now, and have been all along, the refusal of management to fix PAS.

My "attitude" towards management is a fabrication you're using to justify the insults you use towards me. You jumped to defend the mgmt I listed, saying drivers were "just as bad". I didn't deny it, in fact I said it myself in the original post. You don't like what I say because as I said in another post, the only thing separating you from the ones discharged or disciplined is being caught.

Just face the issues, and leave the insults behind Tie. See if you can muster an ounce of professionalism for even a brief period.

canon

Yet you claim I am the only management person you have a problem with.

Had to single out this quote too... I never said you were the only management I don't get along with. I said, "I've always gotten along with management who is of higher caliber."

Think about that for a moment Tie.

Mediocrity sux, eh?

trickpony1

Ah excellent canons parrot chimes in again. Roflmao. take any parallel parking lessons yet? Want some?

I don't know about the "parrot" part. It seems my thoughts and concerns about an over zealous management poster who clearly wears his feelings on his shoulder and obviously has something to prove were present before canon showed up on this board.
You still haven't answered my question as to why a driver would need to parallel park a feeder. A pkg car, yes, but a feeder?
What ever happened to the safety rules the company crams down our throat, two of which would be:
1) avoid unnecessary backing and;
2) avoid blind-side (obscured) backing. If the tractor is positioned in such a manner that the driver can't see what's going on in the passenger side mirror then that is a clearly dangerous situation.

Twist this around, reword it and add something frivolous.

downdog

Update:

A number of people in the neighborhood started having problems with their deliveries from this guy (we are in a little clusterin NYC) and he disappeared for a bit.
Random drivers for a few weeks/a month or so, and then one day - he popped back up with a delivery. Brought a little toy for my son (which we realized was his attempt at an apology). Also said he would like to return the tip we gave him at Christmas because he realized he hadn't given us good service around that time. Of course we said that's crazy - we're glad you are ok and back.
The scoop is (via the postman!) that he was away at rehab. That's it; he's back on the job, seems to be doing well.
I'm glad i didn't do anything to get him in trouble; glad i went with my intuition that this was a good person falling on some hard times.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
6 months of rehab........:w00t:
Really:tongue_sm

I think I want to go, now all we got to do is find out where to get that 6 month vacation.......:laugh:

diesel96

This what happens when you have "a degree, plus some". You become a Locker Room Lawyer Feeder Driver, defending the likes of O.J. Simpson, Scott Peterson, and a UPS driver who just as clearly is in the wrong.

Trickpony's use of "the Devil made me do it" defense is another example of his paranoia He is so filled with hatred for the company that provides for his family that in his mind, the employee is always right, and the company is always at fault. He never once considers that,.just posibly, the driver was at fault.

But in your little
world, this is impossible because the company is always to blame.

I agree the driver is clearly in the wrong,HOWEVER you lost all credibility with your "locker room feeder driver" comment.Did paranoia or "the Devil made you say that" or, are you filled with hatred towards Feeder Drivers comprised from an inferiority complex.

tieguy

Banned
Update:

A number of people in the neighborhood started having problems with their deliveries from this guy (we are in a little clusterin NYC) and he disappeared for a bit.
Random drivers for a few weeks/a month or so, and then one day - he popped back up with a delivery. Brought a little toy for my son (which we realized was his attempt at an apology). Also said he would like to return the tip we gave him at Christmas because he realized he hadn't given us good service around that time. Of course we said that's crazy - we're glad you are ok and back.
The scoop is (via the postman!) that he was away at rehab. That's it; he's back on the job, seems to be doing well.
I'm glad i didn't do anything to get him in trouble; glad i went with my intuition that this was a good person falling on some hard times.

Good lord Trick the man went on rehab for six months and is still working what a terrible company he must work for.:thumbup1: