Send agains

brownboxman

Oh yeah, they are on it every day. "It costs $4 per paid send again, do what you have to, just get rid of them!" There are some I wont, besides 3 attempts are built in the price of shipping.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
You need to recheck your math. We make money if we deliver on the 1st attempt, break even on the 2nd and lose if we have to go back a 3rd time.
Is that on average? Or do you mean to say that we have the same profit margin on say, international vs ground pkgs?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Oh yeah, they are on it every day. "It costs $4 per paid send again, do what you have to, just get rid of them!" There are some I wont, besides 3 attempts are built in the price of shipping.

To be more clear, a small percentage of resi packages being a send again are figured in the pricing of resi packages.

porkwagon

This is nothing new. It has come up periodically with me for the past 24 yrs. I have alot of apts. And it's not uncommon for me to have 20is send agains some days. When it comes around as flavor of the month sometimes i will get a message to try again. No problem. What do you want me to do? Nobody home. Neighbors don't want a task or responsibility. You want I should camp out on their stoop till they get home on overtime? That's prudent.

satellitedriver

Anyone else dealing with send again totals. In our center it is 3 per driver, want you to reattempt if you have more.

3 send again's has always been the big No,No, even back to the dinosaur days when we sheeted on paper and had to have a signature for every delivery.
Drop and go.
The new improved metric, just don't get caught.

Indecisi0n

3 send again's has always been the big No,No, even back to the dinosaur days when we sheeted on paper and had to have a signature for every delivery.
Drop and go.
The new improved metric, just don't get caught.

Yup.

Drop the package but if you get caught or the package is stolen then you lose.

tourists24

Give em exactly what they want.... go back and reattempt all those send agains. It wont cost less money, but it will look good on the report

Like Porkwagon, I have lots of apartments on my route. It's not unusual to have 10 or 15 send agains. If they really want me to reattempt, I will. But they will be the ones to find someone to get my pick up pieces because I will be in after the trailers pull off.

UPSGUY72

About a month ago for 3 or 4 days in are PCM we where told we needed to call are center manager if we had more than 5 send agains. Haven't heard a word about it since then.

I went out with a SUP the other day and had 10 to 15 send again and he did say a word about it.