Seniority bump question

Hello. I have been at UPS for almost for years. I work on the night sort. About 2 months ago my supervisor asked people based on the seniority list who could start at 5:00 instead of 5:30. I wasn't in a position to do it then so I had to decline. Since then my situation has changed and I would like to bump the person doing it now who I have more seniority than. I asked my supervisor and she said I was okay to take over, but the employee I would be bumping is saying that since I said no I can't bump him. Is this the case. As of now he is getting more hours on the same shift. I have more seniority.

standtall

You can't hurt my feelings, I left them at home.
Hello. I have been at UPS for almost for years. I work on the night sort. About 2 months ago my supervisor asked people based on the seniority list who could start at 5:00 instead of 5:30. I wasn't in a position to do it then so I had to decline. Since then my situation has changed and I would like to bump the person doing it now who I have more seniority than. I asked my supervisor and she said I was okay to take over, but the employee I would be bumping is saying that since I said no I can't bump him. Is this the case. As of now he is getting more hours on the same shift. I have more seniority.
If you don't have a signed bidding process for start times (which I doubt you would), you have every contractual right to bump a junior employee. Your start times are considered "daily" if you haven't signed a bid sheet obligating you to a specific time. Bump away. If your sup won't let you, file a grievance and get paid for the extra hours he/she is working over and above you.

If you don't have a signed bidding process for start times (which I doubt you would), you have every contractual right to bump a junior employee. Your start times are considered "daily" if you haven't signed a bid sheet obligating you to a specific time. Bump away. If your sup won't let you, file a grievance and get paid for the extra hours he/she is working over and above you.
Thank you I was thinking along then lines of that. There was no bidding process

I appreciate the comments so far: does anybody else have any insight on the situation. I just want to be as informed as possible for tomorrow when I talk to the higher ups.

DC7

The Brown Hole
When I worked the sort the only thing seniority got was vacation bid and the option for more hrs

barnyard

KTM rider
You absolutely have to talk to your shop steward about this to find out what past local practice has been.

It does not matter one wit what we say, it depends on your local and if your supplement has any language covering the situation.