Seniority Date & Hire date for FT

quamba 638

I recently won a Red Circle job. I noticed only on the Full time seniority list there is a hire date after the seniority date. What is the significance of having the hire date? Does it ever come into play for any reasons? Besides bragging rights... we have guys hired in the 60’s still.

I recently won a Red Circle job. I noticed only on the Full time seniority list there is a hire date after the seniority date. What is the significance of having the hire date? Does it ever come into play for any reasons? Besides bragging rights... we have guys hired in the 60’s still.
Full time seniority date gives you better picks on vacations for starters.

542thruNthru

I would assume that if 2 people have the same Full time seniority date they would go to the hire date to see who has more seniority.

I would assume that if 2 people have the same Full time seniority date they would go to the hire date to see who has more seniority.
l1J9yApnGts8EXYoo.gif

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Congrats on your full-time status , unfortunately our pension is in the “critical and declining” status. Your 30 years of service will equal about $50 a month once you retire..

quamba 638

A few people mentioned to me that if there were ever layoffs they would go by hire dates vs seniority dates. So I figured I’d come to the almighty Brown Cafe board to see if it was mentioned. I don’t see it ever happening though, part time would be gone first I’m guessing.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
A few people mentioned to me that if there were ever layoffs they would go by hire dates vs seniority dates. So I figured I’d come to the almighty Brown Cafe board to see if it was mentioned. I don’t see it ever happening though, part time would be gone first I’m guessing.
Yeah, to hell with part-timers.