Seniority Date vs Hire Date (Hardship Transfer)

Bnj4UPS

What's up guys?! I have a few questions here, without making this way to lengthy, and THANKS in advance. SOOO Im a PT Loader/Unloader. Back in October 2021 I did what is known here as a hardship transfer. Prior to me moving to my current location leading up to the transfer I was informed by my supervisor, and a HR rep that the facility I'm moving to I will have seniority over 15 current employees because of their start date (Aug-Sept). At the time of my transfer none of them had gotten past their probation period, and because I was well progressed past my 70 day probation period I would come in on day one jump to the top of the list. This was communicated to me by my previous hub sup as well as my new sup, and it was understood up until a couple days ago. The day I had hit my 1 year(stable) Jan 26th, 2022... I'm informed that I actually don't have seinority over those 15 guys that started in August or September. That because they started prior to me moving there even if they didnt get to the end of their probation period at the time of my arrival that if/when they did they would skyrocket right past me as if I didnt exist lol Granted a lot of them have been fired or quit, but seinority is everything with UPS. Guess what I'm trying to say here is a few things 1. What a :censored2:ty feeling on my 1 year mark 😂 2. Is this true? Is Hire date the same as seinority date when you bid for a spot? And should that be allowed in this situation? 3. I'm still optimistic I can work through anything, but is this a case where I should file my first ever grievance or should I just lay low, and take this on the chin?

Sorry for length

nWo

They have building seniority over you because they started in that building before you. There's nothing to grieve.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
What's up guys?! I have a few questions here, without making this way to lengthy, and THANKS in advance. SOOO Im a PT Loader/Unloader. Back in October 2021 I did what is known here as a hardship transfer. Prior to me moving to my current location leading up to the transfer I was informed by my supervisor, and a HR rep that the facility I'm moving to I will have seniority over 15 current employees because of their start date (Aug-Sept). At the time of my transfer none of them had gotten past their probation period, and because I was well progressed past my 70 day probation period I would come in on day one jump to the top of the list. This was communicated to me by my previous hub sup as well as my new sup, and it was understood up until a couple days ago. The day I had hit my 1 year(stable) Jan 26th, 2022... I'm informed that I actually don't have seinority over those 15 guys that started in August or September. That because they started prior to me moving there even if they didnt get to the end of their probation period at the time of my arrival that if/when they did they would skyrocket right past me as if I didnt exist lol Granted a lot of them have been fired or quit, but seinority is everything with UPS. Guess what I'm trying to say here is a few things 1. What a :censored2:ty feeling on my 1 year mark 😂 2. Is this true? Is Hire date the same as seinority date when you bid for a spot? And should that be allowed in this situation? 3. I'm still optimistic I can work through anything, but is this a case where I should file my first ever grievance or should I just lay low, and take this on the chin?

Sorry for length
I’d quit

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Sorry for length
You only have been here a year, not 10 so is it really that big of a deal…you will move back up fast on the seniority list at the new Bldg…are you trying to go driving??? If not IMO it’s a small amount of time to be worry about especially since you got your hardship move.

542thruNthru

Sorry for length
Screenshot_20220128-125144_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Superteeth2478

Supervisors and HR are the last people that would know anything about the contract and how your seniority will work at the new building that you're transferring to. HR usually either has no idea what they're talking about or will blatantly lie to you.

As you see the language is stating it will be end-tailed. I don't understand why anyone would think they could transfer to a building and have seniority over people that started at that building, though, regardless of what someone else told me.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Sorry for length
I have never heard of a "hardship transfer" at UPS?

....at least not outside of the hypothetical.