Seniority list changed after 3 years.

J.D. Hogg

Where is our union contract scholar Mr. BUG when we need him.?
He should be able to quote the article and section number and post the language.

I vividly recall language saying a seniority list can be protested for a certain window of time. After the window expires the list stands as posted. Three years is definately out of the question.

If I was the OP I would file immediately. If no response then email/text Teamster's HQ in chicago. If no response file with NLRB.

Seniority is all we have. The OP just got pimped out of four slots.
How would you like that happening to you?

Hope this helps.
You're correct about there being an amount of time (It's 30 days) to question/dispute a posted seniority list.
If employees don't notify their office people that an error exists within that time, then the list stands.

Union rules also state that a new, updated seniority listed must be posted every six months.
It was a good three years in my building before the office manager put up a new list of all the employees.

And the list still wasn't entirely correct; it contained two retired employees and at least three employees' hire dates were incorrect.
:no:

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
You need to file a grievance immediately.
Full time seniority is just that…”Full Time”. They’ll have your full employment history including start dates in GEMS. Ask to sit down with center manager and your steward to go over it.

In my building part time seniority doesn’t count towards your FT seniority date. In other words, if you worked pre-load for 10 years and you decided to go FT and an off the street was hired the day before your started FT, well then he’d have more seniority.

oldngray

nowhere special
Full time seniority is just that…”Full Time”. They’ll have your full employment history including start dates in GEMS. Ask to sit down with center manager and your steward to go over it.

In my building part time seniority doesn’t count towards your FT seniority date. In other words, if you worked pre-load for 10 years and you decided to go FT and an off the street was hired the day before your started FT, well then he’d have more seniority.
Also if another part timer who started after you went full time first they will have more FT seniority over you

meritocracy

This company is doing everything it can to destroy the seniority system right now. At my building they're constantly telling people seniority doesn't matter. Some disgraceful :censored2:.

meritocracy

I would send a letter (certified mail} to the company and the union that notifies them that a mistake has been made. I would also e-mail both company and union stating the same. Notify your steward and tell a few co-workers of the situation. Keep a journal with dates and times that you discussed the matter with management and union officials. A paper trail is very important in this type of situation.
What mailing address and email address would you use?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Where is our union contract scholar Mr. BUG when we need him.?
He should be able to quote the article and section number and post the language.

That language would be in his supplemental agreement. With out knowing which one he is under we can't help him with a Article.

Central Region:

"Center seniority lists, by date of hire, shall be posted on the center bulletin board, by the Employer, and shall be revised and updated quarterly. If an employee protests the accuracy of his/her dates and the accuracy can be verified by proper documentation the date will be changed to the appropriate date."