Seniority list changed after 3 years.

Upser12345

Hello everyone,I’ve been a full-time driver for 3 years. Suddenly after 3 years they updated the seniority list and my hiring date changed and 4 people bumped me. I already know that a Sup changed the hiring date for one of them bc he told me. I already talked to my union rep but he told me “This is the seniority dates I have.” I have a picture of the old-original seniority list and they trying to tell me that it was wrong. If it was wrong why they waited 3 years to correct it? Any suggestions on how I should move?

quad decade guy

Good luck.

My name was wrong on my paycheck for 30 years....I finally had it fixed.

BTW, so everything else at work always had my name spelled incorrectly.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Hello everyone,I’ve been a full-time driver for 3 years. Suddenly after 3 years they updated the seniority list and my hiring date changed and 4 people bumped me. I already know that a Sup changed the hiring date for one of them bc he told me. I already talked to my union rep but he told me “This is the seniority dates I have.” I have a picture of the old-original seniority list and they trying to tell me that it was wrong. If it was wrong why they waited 3 years to correct it? Any suggestions on how I should move?

You need to file a grievance immediately.

542thruNthru

I believe most supplements have a time frame for correcting seniority list issues. 3 years seems out of that time frame. Definitely file a grievance

trickpony1

Wouldn't this be falsifcation?
Maybe the four people that "bumped" you are his buddies?
They can't correct a seniority list after 3 years. Like someone said, there is a window of time that it can be protested.

They tried this crap in our feedah dept. Hell paid.
File immediately and check the seniority list EVERY day.

Hope this helps.

trickpony1

I’m RPCD. Just talked to the union again and they told me “it goes by your part time seniority date” which i think is bs
Ask your union where it says that in the contract.
Shouldn't it go by classification date?
When I went to feedah our list had a feedah date and a "hired" date column next to it.

Someone is blowing smoke up your pant leg.

Hope this helps.

nWo

It is possible that their seniority date was listed wrong and management finally fixed it. Is your date correct?

ManInBrown

Happens all the time in feeders. We have classification seniority. They hire out of order with regards to off the street and package ratio. They don’t want package drivers leaving at peak so they make them wait till after peak and a few street guys slip in. Not saying what they did to you was right, but it happens all the time.

trickpony1

No merit.
Where is our union contract scholar Mr. BUG when we need him.?
He should be able to quote the article and section number and post the language.

I vividly recall language saying a seniority list can be protested for a certain window of time. After the window expires the list stands as posted. Three years is definately out of the question.

If I was the OP I would file immediately. If no response then email/text Teamster's HQ in chicago. If no response file with NLRB.

Seniority is all we have. The OP just got pimped out of four slots.
How would you like that happening to you?

Hope this helps.

He should be able to quote the article and section number and post the language.

I vividly recall language saying a seniority list can be protested for a certain window of time. After the window expires the list stands as posted. Three years is definately out of the question.

If I was the OP I would file immediately. If no response then email/text Teamster's HQ in chicago. If no response file with NLRB.

Hope this helps.
Big UPS Man is likely golfing. Or enjoying a nice lunch.

542thruNthru

Hope this helps.
That language would be in his supplemental agreement. With out knowing which one he is under we can't help him with a Article.

Hope this helps.
Happened to me- not four. I got it rectified on my own. Union did....nothing.

Hope this helps.
Scholar- lol.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
File grievance- correct
Threaten- very incorrect.

Don't give these people any ammo to use against you.

Hope this helps.
Uh ok , then say “ I’m going to follow Orion from now on”, If you’re afraid of supervisors. We threaten each other where I’m from.
✊🧔
Hope this helps