Seniority on switching positions?

SunnyBro

If I was to switch from load to unload, load to bulk, small sort (in the same building) would this affect my seniority at all? I've been loading for almost 4 months now but I honestly want to look into other positions since when they had me try them my days were much less stressful. My local supplement is the western supplement and the website for my local just points me to the master and western contract. I would just like some clarification because I had overheard a supervisor possibly saying that switching positions kills your seniority, but that could've been a lie because management is management

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If I was to switch from load to unload, load to bulk, small sort (in the same building) would this affect my seniority at all? I've been loading for almost 4 months now but I honestly want to look into other positions since when they had me try them my days were much less stressful. My local supplement is the western supplement and the website for my local just points me to the master and western contract. I would just like some clarification because I had overheard a supervisor possibly saying that switching positions kills your seniority, but that could've been a lie because management is management
No
SMH

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
CENTER senority, not your hire date.

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
Sounds like your in preload. Which means seniority is seniority. However 4 months is nothing so add your name to a preferred jobs list and wait it out. With the way things have been going in preload you should be a top level guy by your 6 month anniversary.