Seniority question

brownmvp

Tcd waiting to be trained with 6 yrs seniority as a package handler. my building has two centers south and east. I was assigned to the south center and was told that they wont be training for the rest of the year. In the east center they are training guys still and majority have less seniority than me. If building seniority rules shouldnt they put me in the center thats training instead of letting guys with less seniority get trained before me. Same building just considered a different center. I tried to search but didnt see anything

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Best thing you can do is go talk to the East manager about getting trained. Explain South's position and yours. Call your local too. Either way doing nothing will get you exactly that.

brownmvp

Did you ever think that if there was no TCD's UPS would have to hire FT drivers.
I agree with you but me not going tcd is not gonna solve that problem in my building bc there is always a next guy up, so i figure why not try to make that 28/hr now until i see a ft go up and win the bid and then continue making 28 instead of dropping to 18.75. Just tryna feed my family!

I agree with you but me not going tcd is not gonna solve that problem in my building bc there is always a next guy up, so i figure why not try to make that 28/hr now until i see a ft go up and win the bid and then continue making 28 instead of dropping to 18.75. Just tryna feed my family!
Spoken like a true Union member.

Maybe not in my building as we are still trying to hire enough permanent PTers to cover the sorts. But you consideration is noted. Just don't think it is fair to string a guy out for years with the hope of one day getting a FT driving job.