Seniority question

Subie_STI

A guy has 2 weeks more of company seniority than me, but I completed my 30 day back in August 2021 and have been a TCD for 7 months, now. The other guy is doing his 30 days to be a TCD right now. When full-time promotions come, who will get the full-time promotion first, me or him?

Zowert

I believe it’s based on your seniority date, not company date. Once you pass your thirty you make seniority, so you would be first. I’m not 100% sure though. There are guys here that know the contract better than I do, hopefully they will chime in and correct me if I’m wrong.

542thruNthru

A guy has 2 weeks more of company seniority than me, but I completed my 30 day back in August 2021 and have been a TCD for 7 months, now. The other guy is doing his 30 days to be a TCD right now. When full-time promotions come, who will get the full-time promotion first, me or him?
Will depend on your supplemental agreement.

Subie_STI

A guy has 2 weeks more of company seniority than me, but I completed my 30 day back in August 2021 and have been a TCD for 7 months, now. The other guy is doing his 30 days to be a TCD right now. When full-time promotions come, who will get the full-time promotion first, me
I believe it’s based on your seniority date, not company date. Once you pass your thirty you make seniority, so you would be first. I’m not 100% sure though. There are guys here that know the contract better than I do, hopefully they will chime in and correct me if I’m wrong.
this is what I'm guessing too. thanks!

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Worry about that in 15 years when you go full-time kiddo …BE READY TO WORK SATURDAYS
✊🧔‍♂️

Johney

Here a TCD(Temporary Cover Driver)is still considered part time so when the full time bid sheet comes up he will win over you due to more company time. We’ve had guys pass on TCD and wait for a full time bid and pass guys who went cover driving years before.

charm299

He will get the job, it happened to me

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Here a TCD(Temporary Cover Driver)is still considered part time so when the full time bid sheet comes up he will win over you due to more company time. We’ve had guys pass on TCD and wait for a full time bid and pass guys who went cover driving years before.
Bingo. Once he wins a full time bid, then no one can come skip him because classification seniority will prevail but right now he is still classified as part time.

OP, this is true for Southeastern. Your results may vary depending on where you are. So you’re going to get the standard BC response: Ask a steward.