Seniority Violation

Cst8

Since I was working full-time hours as a preload/utility driver I figured I’d take this new 22.4 position, besides at least I would have a weekend again. (I’ve been working six days a week for two years pulling an air route on Sat.) Despite the bid sheet indicating a Tues-Sat position all 22.4 drivers must report to work on Monday and then maybe we’ll get laid off some other random weekday. It’s bs, if I show up ready to work, I want the 8 hours I’m guaranteed as per the contract. Anyways, today I was there at start time and my name was to the side, I waited around 45mins for them to tell me they didn’t want me working today to save hours for Sat. Mind you, several drivers with less seniority went out on routes. I stated that I was not okay with being laid off and wanted work, I was turned away. I’ve spent two hours going over the handbook to find exactly what to use to file a grievance but I was told by another driver that’s it’s not just 8 hours I can file a grievance for but the specific hours worked by someone with less seniority. Anyone know where this can be found in the handbook?

WTFm8

Have a sit down with your steward and ask him/her to show you in the contract where it says they can force you in on a Monday.

Tues-Sat can be forced in on SUNDAY is all it says. (When that starts)

Wait till Wed-Sun starts... there’s NO language for forced Monday/Tuesdays lol.

Brown Buddy

UPSnBrowns
Since I was working full-time hours as a preload/utility driver I figured I’d take this new 22.4 position, besides at least I would have a weekend again. (I’ve been working six days a week for two years pulling an air route on Sat.) Despite the bid sheet indicating a Tues-Sat position all 22.4 drivers must report to work on Monday and then maybe we’ll get laid off some other random weekday. It’s bs, if I show up ready to work, I want the 8 hours I’m guaranteed as per the contract. Anyways, today I was there at start time and my name was to the side, I waited around 45mins for them to tell me they didn’t want me working today to save hours for Sat. Mind you, several drivers with less seniority went out on routes. I stated that I was not okay with being laid off and wanted work, I was turned away. I’ve spent two hours going over the handbook to find exactly what to use to file a grievance but I was told by another driver that’s it’s not just 8 hours I can file a grievance for but the specific hours worked by someone with less seniority. Anyone know where this can be found in the handbook?
Get your BA and local Stewart they know the tricks

Brown Buddy

UPSnBrowns
Have a sit down with your steward and ask him/her to show you in the contract where it says they can force you in on a Monday.

Wouldn’t this be funny !!!

charm299

What supplement does it say they can force in on sundays

charm299

Not a supplement, it’s in the master under 22.4 language.
Wrong. No where does it say they can force you in on your off day. It says 22.4 drivers have a 5 consecutive day work week. They may be able to force schedule change but not a 6 th punch

542thruNthru

Wrong. No where does it say they can force you in on your off day. It says 22.4 drivers have a 5 consecutive day work week. They may be able to force schedule change but not a 6 th punch

He's talking about #8
Screenshot_20200901-214530_Adobe Acrobat.jpg