Seniority

O1973

GM,
I was hoping someone would be able to help me. I've been w/ UPS almost 4 years now. In July of 2020 I decided to go for a friend/t delivery driver spot. During my 2nd driver along day I decided to DQ myself and go for Air Driver so I can get more comfortable driving and learning the diad. So I was told no problem Supervisors said they were in need of Air Drivers. So around Sept I kept asking when can I get trained. I kept getting the run around. Then the holiday season comes and they hire 2 people to start driving air. When asked what's going on on I'm getting more of the run around. So I finally ask one of the site Shop steward about writing a grievance. Which he adds that 2 new employees were hired after me and that I should be compensated from the time they were hired. After 3-4 wks of not hearing anything I spoke w/ the head Union Rep about the situation. A wk later I finally was taken out by the Supervisor and trained. June 2021 I finally started Air Driving but I still haven't heard anything about being financial compensated. Also how does the seniority work once I move from pkg loader to air driver? Mind you I have more seniority in the company than all the other Air Drivers even the one person that was driving before the 2 people they hired and started driving before me. Also, do i have a decent check coming from Sept 2020 - June 2021?

GM,
I was hoping someone would be able to help me. I've been w/ UPS almost 4 years now. In July of 2020 I decided to go for a friend/t delivery driver spot. During my 2nd driver along day I decided to DQ myself and go for Air Driver so I can get more comfortable driving and learning the diad. So I was told no problem Supervisors said they were in need of Air Drivers. So around Sept I kept asking when can I get trained. I kept getting the run around. Then the holiday season comes and they hire 2 people to start driving air. When asked what's going on on I'm getting more of the run around. So I finally ask one of the site Shop steward about writing a grievance. Which he adds that 2 new employees were hired after me and that I should be compensated from the time they were hired. After 3-4 wks of not hearing anything I spoke w/ the head Union Rep about the situation. A wk later I finally was taken out by the Supervisor and trained. June 2021 I finally started Air Driving but I still haven't heard anything about being financial compensated. Also how does the seniority work once I move from pkg loader to air driver? Mind you I have more seniority in the company than all the other Air Drivers even the one person that was driving before the 2 people they hired and started driving before me. Also, do i have a decent check coming from Sept 2020 - June 2021?
So you was on the road for two days and DQ yourself doing the middle of a pandemic and you're wondering why they didn't put you on air driving?

GM,
Did you sign an air bid?

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
GM,
Once you DQ yourself management probably looks at you as someone that will not be able to handle the job. When you are going out being qualified you are usually not even given a full day like you will be given once you qualify. Management will probably do everything they can to by pass you for someone else. They probably think they will invest time into you and then when things get really tough you will not be able to take it.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
So you was on the road for two days and DQ yourself doing the middle of a pandemic and you're wondering why they didn't put you on air driving?
Did you sign an air bid?
B665BAE1-DC97-4FD4-AC40-B6EC82A2447A.gif

GM,
You will keep your PT seniority date. We don't have classification seniority. Don't hold your breath hoping to receive a grievance check.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
GM,
Lemme guess
A millennial still living in moms basement figured out hold up a minute this is real work
I ain’t got time for this BS

nWo

Did you go to integrad brah?

Sounds like you DQd yourself from driving. So they took the next guy on the list.