September 1st opt out?

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
What is this crap? No ot during peak.
Had it happen to my center last peak. Previously My route would sit at 230 and 250 on a completely blown out day. Last year Had maybe 150 to 180 consistently. Those pvds were dispatched with close to 100 of my stops somedays and I was still forced with a jumper. Might’ve had 2-3 guys that were out past 830.

JL 0513

Yup, last year PVDs were taking lots of work in October leaving many drivers with barely 7 hour days in my center. Total BS. Peak for the last 3 years with PVDs has meant less OT during peak than the rest of the year.

Grey

Yup, last year PVDs were taking lots of work in October leaving many drivers with barely 7 hour days in my center. Total BS. Peak for the last 3 years with PVDs has meant less OT during peak than the rest of the year.
7hr days sound awesome.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
pparently last years peak we had so many PVDs that most drivers barely got any OT at all. This year, they’re trying to get ahead of that and set some boundaries. I’m staying opted in and will supposedly be unable to file if a PVD is delivering stops from my route. We’ll see how that goes!

I don't mind 8 hour days all peak anyway. More holiday time with my family. We'll get plenty of OT come January 2nd when they jettison all the seasonal help and cut half the routes in the building.

I work longer, colder and darker hours in Jan-Feb. than I do in December.

DOK

Some posted on the first page. Basically says pvds cannot take your OT. But if you stay on the 9.5 then they can.. meh not worried either way
I missed the part in the contract where it says “if you stay on the 9.5 list pvd’s can take your work”, where is it?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
This ain't a thing when you can change your 9.5 status with 2 weeks notice up here. PVD starts Nov. 15. Even if it does become an unresolved issue throughout the life of the contract (best contract ever) it would be better to enforce 9.5 for 16 weeks and lose work to PVD for 6 of them than to give up 9.5 for the whole period.

One of the items that was brought up when I was a terrorist trying to squeeze blood from the stone is that the same PVD protections for PT do not apply to driver helpers, thankfully a lawsuit and local practice means the company is more than willing to give a couple folks the air sprinter vans for PVD. afaik PVD is a fad, local helpers are where the money is at.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Apparently last years peak we had so many PVDs that most drivers barely got any OT at all. This year, they’re trying to get ahead of that and set some boundaries. I’m staying opted in and will supposedly be unable to file if a PVD is delivering stops from my route. We’ll see how that goes!
Best peak ever. We don't have time for that helper crapola!

DqD3OGZes1Mg.gif

undies

I don’t see any language specifically stating that if you stay on the 9.5 list you can’t file on PVDs…like a lot of contractual language it is all very vague and open to interpretation. I’m not opting out of 9.5 September and October on the off chance a PVD takes my work during peak. This issue is NOT settled and I’m sure some great people will file and push this issue until we get a clear consensus.

I don’t see any language specifically stating that if you stay on the 9.5 list you can’t file on PVDs…like a lot of contractual language it is all very vague and open to interpretation. I’m not opting out of 9.5 September and October on the off chance a PVD takes my work during peak. This issue is NOT settled and I’m sure some great people will file and push this issue until we get a clear consensus.
PVD drivers can't work until Thanksgiving