SERENA WILLIAMS TANTRUMS

BrownArmy

One of the code violations was for coaching from the stands. That after she smashed her racket. She went off about the coaching violation, saying she's never cheated. But her coach did admit he was coaching her. So the umpire was correct in all three violations and just followed the rules. Saw John McEnroe lose a match once because he didn't understand the new code violation rules that were created primarily because of him. The fact is Serena has flown off the handle before in an incredibly bad display of unsportsmanlike conduct. This particular match would have given her a tie with Margaret Court for most majors won so it was obvious as it was slipping away she lost her temper. Anyone saying it was racism or sexism just proves that Blacks aren't allowed to succeed or fail on just their own merits or failings. She's still an incredible player but if she tries or passes Court at this late stage in her career she'll have to do it because she earned it, not because she's entitled, and it's not going to be easy with players like Osaka coming up.

Wow, you seem pretty interested.

IDGAF one way or another, my only point was that women in tennis seem to be treated differently than men in tennis.

vantexan

IDGAF one way or another, my only point was that women in tennis seem to be treated differently than men in tennis.
Doesn't matter how the men are treated vs the women, if you smash your racket, take coaching from the stands, verbally abuse the umpire, you get penalized if the umpire applies the same rules to a top player that he would apply to everyone else.

newfie

I think theres some truth to that , i was amused to hear Steroid momma say she is suddenly fighting for womens rights.

BrownArmy

Doesn't matter how the men are treated vs the women, if you smash your racket, take coaching from the stands, verbally abuse the umpire, you get penalized if the umpire applies the same rules to a top player that he would apply to everyone else.

Right, except that’s wrong.

Why do women in tennis get penalized for things that men do in tennis (who do the exact same thing)?

vantexan

Why do women in tennis get penalized for things that men do in tennis (who do the exact same thing)?
They both get penalized. Her argument was trying to cover for her bad behavior. If I had to name one player in recent memory who acts out it's Serena Williams. Threatened to kill a linesperson a few years back. Sure way to obfuscate her bad behavior is claiming sexism.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
In a specific case of rules violations you don't get a pass because others do it. Try that with a cop next time you get pulled over for speeding. "But everyone else does it!"
No, it will not get you a pass. Which is why it's worth talking about. Rules are meant to create a fair playing field. If enforcement of the rules is not equal, then they are not serving their purpose.

Like I said, it's worth talking about, if you don't want to, then don't.

vantexan

No, it will not get you a pass. Which is why it's worth talking about. Rules are meant to create a fair playing field. If enforcement of the rules is not equal, then they are not serving their purpose.

Like I said, it's worth talking about, if you don't want to, then don't.
The rules were enforced. Men don't play women. ttku

BrownArmy

They both get penalized. Her argument was trying to cover for her bad behavior. If I had to name one player in recent memory who acts out it's Serena Williams. Threatened to kill a linesperson a few years back. Sure way to obfuscate her bad behavior is claiming sexism.

Wrong, women players are getting penalized for ‘violations’.

Said ‘violations’ are things that male players do all the time and get no penalties for.

If your assertion is that men and women shouldn’t be held to the same standard of rules, that’s incorrect.

IDGAF, if the rules of Tennis are different for men vs. women, clearly we should blame the French, or the English, ‘cause Lord knows men and women are equal in the States!!

vantexan

Wrong, women players are getting penalized for ‘violations’.

Said ‘violations’ are things that male players do all the time and get no penalties for.

If your assertion is that men and women shouldn’t be held to the same standard of rules, that’s incorrect.

IDGAF, if the rules of Tennis are different for men vs. women, clearly we should blame the French, or the English, ‘cause Lord knows men and women are equal in the States!!
Where are you getting the idea that men don't get penalized? Because Serena said so? Fact is that most players follow the rules, and if they are penalized it's usually one code violation, and that's the end of it. She put herself in that situation acting like a diva. The umpire followed the rules, period.

F

Frankie's Friend

Where are you getting the idea that men don't get penalized? Because Serena said so? Fact is that most players follow the rules, and if they are penalized it's usually one code violation, and that's the end of it. She put herself in that situation acting like a diva. The umpire followed the rules, period.
Maybe the contrast was too great.
The other player was professional and she was not.
That's the way the ball bounces sometimes.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
Maybe the contrast was too great.
The other player was professional and she was not.
That's the way the ball bounces sometimes.

What is sad that the other player didn't have the opportunity to shine the Championship. All there were talking was about Serena William, Osaka didn't have their shinning time. That reminds me when Taylor Swift won the VMA in 2009 for Best Female Video and Kanye West jumped and took the mic to announce that Beyonce has a better video than her. WOW.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

In a specific case of rules violations you don't get a pass because others do it. Try that with a cop next time you get pulled over for speeding. "But everyone else does it!"
What was done to Serena was correct and righteous.
Hold men accountable to the rules as well.

oldngray

nowhere special
What is sad that the other player didn't have the opportunity to shine the Championship. All there were talking was about Serena William, Osaka didn't have their shinning time. That reminds me when Taylor Swift won the VMA in 2009 for Best Female Video and Kanye West jumped and took the mic to announce that Beyonce has a better video than her. WOW.
loser.png