SERENA WILLIAMS TANTRUMS

vantexan

What better place to start enforcing the rules than with the uppity Black woman?
Her opponent was half Black, half Asian. Would it have been fair to her to let Serena slide on getting coaching from the stands? Serena has been a pro for close to 20 years. And been the dominant player for most of it. Has made many millions of Dollars. Where's the racism you're implying because she acted out?

Sportello

Her opponent was half Black, half Asian. Would it have been fair to her to let Serena slide on getting coaching from the stands? Serena has been a pro for close to 20 years. And been the dominant player for most of it. Has made many millions of Dollars. Where's the racism you're implying because she acted out?
I guess you can't follow along too well. I was responding to rat's statement:
'Hold men accountable to the rules as well'.
I implied nothing about race, I guess you see things that way.

Sad

vantexan

I guess you can't follow along too well. I was responding to rat's statement:
'Hold men accountable to the rules as well'.
I implied nothing about race, I guess you see things that way.

Sad
Only a liberal would throw in that rules were enforced because she's an uppity Black woman then claim he implied nothing about race. Bizarre.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
One of the code violations was for coaching from the stands. That after she smashed her racket. She went off about the coaching violation, saying she's never cheated. But her coach did admit he was coaching her. So the umpire was correct in all three violations and just followed the rules. Saw John McEnroe lose a match once because he didn't understand the new code violation rules that were created primarily because of him. The fact is Serena has flown off the handle before in an incredibly bad display of unsportsmanlike conduct. This particular match would have given her a tie with Margaret Court for most majors won so it was obvious as it was slipping away she lost her temper. Anyone saying it was racism or sexism just proves that Blacks aren't allowed to succeed or fail on just their own merits or failings. She's still an incredible player but if she tries or passes Court at this late stage in her career she'll have to do it because she earned it, not because she's entitled, and it's not going to be easy with players like Osaka coming up.

two words......entitlement mentality