Serious injures at UPS

qdg2

There is a BIG difference between working at UPS and working at a retirement job you enjoy. After retiring I worked a few weeks during the Spring and Fall flying with our local Dept of Natural Resources spotting forest fires. I had a blast doing it. I also worked 14 years as a Forest Gump mowing grass and other handyman stuff for my Township at 20 bucks an hour. I probably averaged about 10 hours a week and only had one standing order (the Township cemetery had to be looking good for Memorial Day) otherwise I was allowed to come and go as I please. It wasn't actually ball busting work riding around on a $10,000 Zero Turn John Deere mower. I even get a small pension from that job.
Well....

That's how you see it/did it....

I'm not sure how "BIG" is defined....

I(just last night ) talked with a fellow 35+ driver at the fuel pumps.....I asked how much till retirement...he said "I was going this this but now the economy..." He has been offered another driving job but said "I don't want another job after retirement"...

So, lot's of ways to view this....I do know folks that enjoy UPS....a high senior sleeper driver in fact. But he and I see things quite radically in just about everything...life and politics, hobbies etc...and his family situation is quite different also.

I wonder why you aren't belittled and abused for having not arranged your finances and all the pure hate I endure....?

I have waited my whole career to work on airplanes....I'll get that chance in a few months......my paperwork is being processed.

Thanks for talking in a civil tone.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Well....

I(just last night ) talked with a fellow 35+ driver at the fuel pumps.....I asked how much till retirement...he said "I was going this this but now the economy..." He has been offered another driving job but said "I don't want another job after retirement"...

So, lot's of ways to view this....I do know folks that enjoy UPS....a high senior sleeper driver in fact. But he and I see things quite radically in just about everything...life and politics, hobbies etc...and his family situation is quite different also.

I wonder why you aren't belittled and abused for having not arranged your finances and all the pure hate I endure....?

I have waited my whole career to work on airplanes....I'll get that chance in a few months......my paperwork is being processed.

He isn’t belittled because unlike you, he’s a man not a whiner.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
No matter what side of the fence you’re on , union or management this is just a sad story. A full time supervisor in my building that’s around 40 years old had a stroke and went into a coma.
This sucks but the stroke has zero to do with UPS. The dude most likely had undiagnosed medical problems.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Well....

How you going to get around 65.83 or are you an Apprentice?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Well....

ACD7955F-045A-4E08-BDCF-3887E4766F34.gif