Sexual Harassment- On topic

Casual sex is a myth. Men need to understand what sex really means to women, and maybe care a little about how their actions affect other people.
I think that’s a stretch to make such a blanket generalization. That’s true in some cases. But men get played by women too. Men and women can both be equally horrible human beings and vindictive.

As for the OP, I think if it were an issue you should’ve put your foot down immediately. But it took me years to learn about this place myself, so it’s easy for me to say.
All in all, if you were that bothered by it, you made the correct decision leaving. I’d try to put it behind me and not waste energy trying to protect someone in the future. That’s admirable. But UPS is different. In my center there’s been a lot of sexual harassment take place and hidden. If they want to protect someone, they will.
The last instance was absolutely horrendous, by a guy they “like”. Caught red handed. Even I was sure there was no way they were letting it slide. Well, needless to say, they had a weekend to prepare and executed it perfectly. The guy is still working. And I’m talking about a situation they could’ve made a training video about. It was disgusting.
Never depend on horrible people to do the right thing. For the most part, all salary position people are scum. In my experience anyway.
One thing they do well and I’m envious of is they stick together no matter what. They’ll protect each other at all costs.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I think that’s a stretch to make such a blanket generalization. That’s true in some cases. But men get played by women too. Men and women can both be equally horrible human beings and vindictive.

That's been the gist of my posts. It's not all women, and It's not only women.

As for the casual sex issue, in the follow up to the post you quoted, I acknowledged it was a generalization. The point wasn't to give women a free pass, it was to try to explain why women do what they do in those situations. It was also to help men understand, and try to make better choices to protect themselves from women who would be vindictive. It's not a big mystery that some women will try to use sex to trap men, and many will use it to get something. A majority will at very least feel used and abandoned after a one night stand, even if they went into it fully aware that that's all it was going to be. That feeling can lead to regret, which can lead to worse, like revenge.

Mr. Marshall

She wrote "I don't necessarily think I can get much out of this" but you don't get something just because someone at work does something to you. You would only get money from UPS if they failed to act upon you telling them which you did not do or if you could prove lack of training etc.. I think she thinks she is going to get a quick small settlement which isn't going to happen. You could go after the PT supervisor personally but he didn't really commit a crime and I'm sure he has no money. If you got something from a company just because an employee did something to you one time there would be a lot of set-up fake instances.

Faded1

Looking to hear from any female employees who have experienced harassment from supervisors.

Background: worked November 2016-August 2017, utilizing tuition assistance program. I desperately needed the pre-load shift as a way to earn extra cash to pay for school without cutting into school and my other job.

Harassment: After Christmas, they moved me to truck loading with a new supervisor. Supervisor kept telling me he could get me leggings for a cheap. He was smart, always came up to me while I was loading trucks and I finally gave in and told him I'd give him cash for a cheap pair.

The day came, he told me he got me leggings, I told him to bring it to my truck and I'd give him cash. He insisted I owed him nothing and that I had to call so he could "direct me" to a certain a parking lot (not employee lot) after work because he couldn't bring them inside. I KNEW this was shady, thank goodness I still have the text messages!

I meet him in the parking lot, he hands me a gift bag filled with two pairs of leggings and two pairs of lace underwear. I didn't notice until I got in my car and looked inside. Like I said...I have text messages. He texts me asking if I like them and I just simply thank him for the leggings. He proceeds to tell me to wear a specific pair with the matching set of the underwear. I simply respond lol.

Long story short: He was my supervisor for 2 months, then went out on disability after getting hurt outside of work. He was with the company for 15+ years and I was just happy to be rid of him. I heard he might be coming back, so I decided to hand in my two weeks.

I never once remember watching a sexual harassment video or signing any paper explaining my rights. I was hired during peak season and saying my hire process was rushed is an understatement. I am looking for employees who have experienced similar situations... I was told one employee who also had to deal with him moved to a UPS in Washington state. I worked in NJ...

Hoping to file a formal complaint soon.
Hey I got some :censored2: for you. My fiance was hurrassed and baited for 2 years before they succeeded. Employees supervisors bosses they all use money drugs and power to have their way with the woman. In cars tugs planes trailers bathrooms cans. Its nothing but a sex ring there. I hope the hole place loses everything. I got mild evidence along with my finances confession to me. (Hasn't confessed all yet) I think she scared to tell me all. Says we need a gun now too. :censored2: em let em come before I go to them.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Hey I got some * for you. My fiance was hurrassed and baited for 2 years before they succeeded. Employees supervisors bosses they all use money drugs and power to have their way with the woman. In cars tugs planes trailers bathrooms cans. Its nothing but a sex ring there. I hope the hole place loses everything. I got mild evidence along with my finances confession to me. (Hasn't confessed all yet) I think she scared to tell me all. Says we need a gun now too. * em let em come before I go to them.

Pick a number and wait in line...

Faded1

Sexual Harassment

Did you ever make it clear that you did not want the leggings? Did you return the underwear and tell him you weren't interested? Did he ever try to force sexual favors from you as a condition of keeping your job? There is a lot that can go into trying to determine if sexual harassment has occured.

In this day and age, I would think that a supervisor wouldn't do something like what you described simply to avoid the appearance of sexual harassment. But from what you wrote, it doesn't sound like what he did meets the definition. It could just have been a very awkward way for him to communicate his interest in you and gauge your level of interest in return. If you had returned the items and explained that you weren't interested and he continued to pursue you in a sexual manner, then you would have a better case.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hey I got some * for you. My fiance was hurrassed and baited for 2 years before they succeeded. Employees supervisors bosses they all use money drugs and power to have their way with the woman. In cars tugs planes trailers bathrooms cans. Its nothing but a sex ring there. I hope the hole place loses everything. I got mild evidence along with my finances confession to me. (Hasn't confessed all yet) I think she scared to tell me all. Says we need a gun now too. * em let em come before I go to them.

sounds like you weren’t doing her any good at home