SFA: RIP

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Wow! Please post that memo if possible. That’d be just fine.

One of my managers (I’ll call her JB) a few years ago got a low enough rating that she had to spend a week in Nowhere, NJ for a course in employee relations. Should have been a year.
So common of people with poor people skills to get into management.

bacha29

Dano teaches that course
Yep. It's the Fedex Mind Control And Reeducation Academy. Dano teaches a course called....Strategic Misrepresentation . You see because it's management corps lacks the skeletal rigidity ( spineless) and simply come out and say that it's a course that teaches you how to lie they instead call it Strategic Misrepresentation .

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Yup, and its another one I won't take.. only helps the manager get a bonus, ours scored 73%? and got a 35K bonus.... Imagine if the ~35 drivers in his workgroup got a 1K bonus, how awesome they would feel.
Company memo today said something about trimming upper management down to 30% of current numbers...
A manager's SFA score has nothing at all to do with a bonus. Nothing. Where do you guys get this stuff, anyway?

SmithBarney

Manager gets a bonus based on SFA, I get a Bonus based on.... oh wait I don't get a bonus.
Manager didn't want to split their bonus, I didn't take the SFA... actually I haven't taken in 13yrs.

Manager asked me why I haven't taken it yet... I said if it were truly anonymous you wouldn't know that I hadn't taken it.

SmithBarney

A manager's SFA score has nothing at all to do with a bonus. Nothing. Where do you guys get this stuff, anyway?
From the managers themselves(more than once), the one had transferred in.. said they couldn't believe it, was happy to accept. Dano you are mistaken.

SmithBarney

It’s largely connected to productivity and service numbers. That’s if they get any bonus. There haven’t been many the last few years.
Guess we are doing fine at our location, About 110k split up among our managers, they aren't shy about telling things, especially with the upcoming management shake ups(thinning the herd), they are being competitive to suck up as much as possible to save their tails.

MassWineGuy

Manager gets a bonus based on SFA, I get a Bonus based on.... oh wait I don't get a bonus.
Manager didn't want to split their bonus, I didn't take the SFA... actually I haven't taken in 13yrs.

Manager asked me why I haven't taken it yet... I said if it were truly anonymous you wouldn't know that I hadn't taken it.

Who is left to take it isn’t anonymous. The answers are. If this wasn’t the case I’d have been canned years ago.