SFA time...

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

The same way it does with the yearly United Way pressure tactics. I haven't participated in that since the 2nd year I joined the company. One day my manager walked in and said we had 100% participation. Every single person in our workgroup knew I didn't participate so they knew the manager either falsified or lied.

The 100% participation usually means you went into PRISM and went through the motions and has nothing to do with the donations. If you didn't, good for you..lol

El Morado Diablo

The 100% participation usually means you went into PRISM and went through the motions and has nothing to do with the donations. If you didn't, good for you..lol

Yes, that's all it means. If you don't want to give you shouldn't be subjected to peer pressure by having to go into PRISM just to type $0.00. I refuse to do that and haven't done it in years.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That would comparable to stealing and illegal. I used to give......but, no longer donate to United Way. I have other charities I'd rather give to.

I donate to UW as the weekly payroll deduction ($50) allows me to give more than if I had to do a one-time donation. Sure, I could also write a check each week, but if it is taken out of my check I am less likely to spend it on something else. The company also matches $.15 on each $1 we donate which goes directly to UW.

SmithBarney

unfortunately UW has a very high expense:donation ratio meaning not as much of your $50 actually goes to donation, a large percentage goes to "administrative" expenses ie payroll at UW. You would be better served to donate directly to local charities.

LTFedExer

unfortunately UW has a very high expense:donation ratio meaning not as much of your $50 actually goes to donation, a large percentage goes to "administrative" expenses ie payroll at UW. You would be better served to donate directly to local charities.

Actually, United Way in the past 10 years has 'kept' 14-17% for operating costs. One of the lower in the industry....now. It didn't used to be that way.

northeast swing driver

Please explain....

explain what?

its well known UW is a terrible charity

Very little of the donations actually go to the charity side

most pays for overhead-salaries etc.

one of the worst charities around

and the nerve of FEDEX making us decide each year if we want to donate

How bout ill donate when i get paid a fair wage.

LTFedExer

explain what?

its well known UW is a terrible charity

Very little of the donations actually go to the charity side

most pays for overhead-salaries etc.
Wrong......see below.
Actually, United Way in the past 10 years has 'kept' 14-17% for operating costs. One of the lower in the industry....now. It didn't used to be that way.
There was a time they 'kept' almost 50% and they got a bad name for it. Obviously, their still trying to shake that rap, maybe rightfully so. And just in case you didn't read my other post, I used to give, but not anymore. I have my own reasons why.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I didn't take it and know of others who didn't. Sr was asked recently what the results were and claimed only one person didn't take it. How does that happen?

You say you didn't take it and know of others who say that they didn't take it. That's how it happens.

winglas

In my opinion not taking it is a lesser offense than just right (or left) siding it. Where I work the turnover is so high that many people arent there for more than a couple months before they have to take it. There just happy to have a job and havent really dealt with the mangers or takeaways yet thus they just give every question a thumbs up, which imo gives very inacurate results. Then again, perhaps this is what FedEx wants...high turnover to keep ratings up (not just in the sfa) so people wont see their true colors.