Sheet!!!

filiperuvian

20 yrs till retirment yay
i don't mess with those work codes other than the safety one and approved meeting since i'm told to use them sometimes...but i still dont' get why all those options for other time are in the diad if they can't be used. hell the new software updated added in the actual numerical code beside the entry, like 0974saftymtg...so if they can alter them why don't they just take out the 'illegal' ones? oh well

longlunchguy

Runnin on Empty
Are you kidding me. I LOVE road construction. Cut the car off, get something out of your lunchbox, break out a magazine and sit there getting paid. When they ask you what happened, tell the truth. They can check with the county or state and verify the construction delay and you get paid more $$.

john346

No more Brown!
I agree, it's easy money. But typically, I'm running 85 to 100 stops a day, and generally 250 miles (36 of those are my feeder run out to get my load). I get home late enough, I REALLY hate having to punch out to fit under their 12 hour day, and give them 20 min off the clock, and roll in at 21:40. Any delays during the day about drive me (more) insane.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I agree, it's easy money. But typically, I'm running 85 to 100 stops a day, and generally 250 miles (36 of those are my feeder run out to get my load). I get home late enough, I REALLY hate having to punch out to fit under their 12 hour day, and give them 20 min off the clock, and roll in at 21:40. Any delays during the day about drive me (more) insane.
I wouldn't punch out before you are actually done. Bring back any extra work. You are not doing yourself any favors. This is only an opinion.

helenofcalifornia

So true! Never punch out until your work is done, your truck is parked and your DIAD board done with. What would happen if you got into an accident when you were doing work off the clock because you didn't want to show work over 12 hours. I understand you want to get home and see your family, don't we all, but punching out before your work is done is opening up a whole new can of worms. If you told management this is what you are doing to get to under 12 hours, I am sure they would tell you not to. At least they should. Just my two cents. Actually, it's more like 1 1/2 cents now.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do yourself a favor--do not punch out before you actually end your shift. God forbid something were to happen while you were operating UPS equipment while not on the clock.

BCFan

if you are over 12 ...so be it ..tell management to go pound sand BC (never never ever Barack the Canidate)

john346

No more Brown!
I agree, but so much easier said than done in my area. I have one of those routes that is small communities with large miles.
I actually don't punch out before I've put the car back in the barn, I merely roll my lunch/break times or code out personal time to make my 12 extend past 21:15. I truly wish I could punch out with packages still on board, but typically those pkgs are really important ones (vaccines for sick cattle, parts to get the ranch back on track tomorrow, etc), that also happen to go to friends or family (again a small community).
If I ever truly get into a pinch, I know that a few telephone calls, and I can get out of them by sending with someone else, or leaving in town. Typically if I'm going to be out past 20:00, I calculate my day is in the toilet already, so I may as well get the overtime. But some weeks it's three 11 hour days plus two where I have to get creative with my break to make a perfect 11.99 that constitute a week.
Oh yeah, those 1/2 hour lunches, and creative break times are a "on paper only" break, I have to shove my lunch and dinner down while on road, or I don't think I'd be sane enough with the constant feeling of being late to do much of anything. This is why I hate the road construction delays!

BigBrownSanta

Take your lunch. Don't eat and drive at the same time. Send a message at 5 pm stating you will be over 12 hrs. for the day. In my center, the center manager has to approve anyone going over 12 hrs. Ask them if you should miss pieces to be under 12 hrs. If they approve you, then you get paid for all your hours. Don't work for free to cover them.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Usually people that do things like this actually want the overtime even though they will never admit it. Another example of the NEED for more full-time jobs. This, of course, is an opinion.

john346

No more Brown!
With my route being a rural one, I'm hoping that with the current fuel prices escalating, this will be the catalyst for my volume to finally move up enough to warrant them splitting the route. For the last 3 years, it's grown enough to tease too much for one driver, but not enough for two. Unfortunately I have a regard for my customers, and try to get them their much needed parts, & vaccines as they have become accustomed to. Like the overtime? No, I do like the checks, but remarkably, I could utilize my evenings in other endeavors.