Sherman Tanks

bbsam

Staff member
I watch maybe 2 or 3 NFL games a year (and never watch pre-game or post-game shows) and zero basketball and I don't even know MMA is. The only reason I know anything about this is MSNBC devoted a lot of daytime news show coverage.
I am outta my league here ... Y'all have fun.

PS - I watch over 100 baseball games a year, Maybe that's the standard I apply.
That explains it. Baseball players don't pat each other because they're too busy "adjusting" themselves.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Manning is going take Richard Sherman, Russell Wilson and the rest of the 'Hawks to school, win the MVP and then retire.

You got all but the retire part right. Case in point....defense does not win the game. Remember the when San Franciso's top rated offense took it to Denver's top rated defense in SB 24.
Everyone says Denver has not played a defense like Seattle has yet Seattle has not played an offense as potent as what Denver has. Seattle could barely contain San Francisco.
Denver will shred Seattle's defense at will and Sherman will be talking smack out the other end.......
OH wait.....he already does that.

gman042

What else would Manning have left to play for/prove?
He is such a student of the game. To be so committed to the game he has to love it. It would be hard to walk away from that. Elway was 37 when he won his first SB and then came back the next year to win another.
Manning has nothing to prove. He will be a Hall of Famer whether he wins today or not.

Seattle has played much tougher defenses. Seattle s defense has played much more complex offenses, 9ers, panthers, saints. Much tougher to defend a 3 dimensional offense than a 2 dimensional one.

gman042

Seattle has played much tougher defenses. Seattle s defense has played much more complex offenses, 9ers, panthers, saints. Much tougher to defend a 3 dimensional offense than a 2 dimensional one.

So you are saying there is a third dimension to an offense? There is the run game and there is the passing game. What is the other one?
Seattle's defense is pretty basic. What they do they do well however they rarely give the opposing offense different looks. They don't switch it up. What Manning sees when he gets to the line of scrimmage is what he will get. Seattle rushes with 4 and they cover with 7.
The way Manning is allowed to audible at his discretion is going to create nightmares for the Seattle defense.

So you are saying there is a third dimension to an offense? There is the run game and there is the passing game. What is the other one?
Seattle's defense is pretty basic. What they do they do well however they rarely give the opposing offense different looks. They don't switch it up. What Manning sees when he gets to the line of scrimmage is what he will get. Seattle rushes with 4 and they cover with 7.
The way Manning is allowed to audible at his discretion is going to create nightmares for the Seattle defense.
The 3rd is a qb that can put up over 100 yards on the ground. So seattle just has to worry about the basic run, if its not handed off, cover your man. Against SF they needed a spy. Denver is not the best team seattle played in the playoffs. You will see more blitzes today than you've seen all year.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He is such a student of the game. To be so committed to the game he has to love it. It would be hard to walk away from that. Elway was 37 when he won his first SB and then came back the next year to win another.
Manning has nothing to prove. He will be a Hall of Famer whether he wins today or not.

Elway didn't have four neck surgeries.