Shocking!

CharleyHustle

I've seen plenty of UPS trucks wide open and un-attended.

Not going to argue that, but with telematics the percentage of drivers doing so is dwindling. I think seat belt use is pretty close to 100%, mostly be cause we are monitored constantly. Bulk heads are also monitored with telematics, but I'm not sure how much when the truck isn't running, although I was told they can detect if you stop complete a package and the bulkhead is open. I have seen a driver that just hooks his key fob to the dash all day and I told him that's a big no-no.

I guess my hope is this can be a lesson for all of us that this time it was just some rube without a real thought out plan, and that no one got hurt.

!Retired!

Read thejackal's post a little slower, $5/hr LESS than what he's making as a courier.(Jackal is making roughly between $14-25, $5 less would be between $9-20)
I'm not topped out, but I am over $20/hr. A $5/hr pay cut would have hurt, but there's no pressure in that position. Funny thing.....the last time the 'box checker' checked my drop box, he/she taped a lollipop to the paper as a thanks for keeping it stocked. I told my Wednesday driver not to touch it. I want it to be there next time they check it. A lollipop? Really? WTF?

Approximately 25% of the Ground drivers I encounter leave their vehicles running. The bulkhead door is also usually open. I seriously doubt that FedEx Security pays much attention to Ground. If they did, there would be a lot of contractors and drivers cut loose for policy violations.
I thought 'lost' packages were covered by the contractors insurance? Does Ground have to follow the same policies we do (smoking, cellphone, etc)? I've seen Ground drivers pull into our stations parking lot while talking on the phone.

STFXG

If they can prove that we lost the package then we pay for it. They deduct it from our weekly settlements.

We are required to follow all laws. So use of an electronic device would be against policy. Smoking in our vehicles is up to the contractor. It's not banned by the company.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Our security guy is a former State Police officer who was convicted of a felony, and then hired by FedEx. He is in our station all the time looking for drug packages.

Goldilocks

Approximately 25% of the Ground drivers I encounter leave their vehicles running. The bulkhead door is also usually open. I seriously doubt that FedEx Security pays much attention to Ground. If they did, there would be a lot of contractors and drivers cut loose for policy violations.

Our security person walks in our facility wearing workout clothes and a gold chain. This person better never trail me or they will have my lawyer trailing them...

whenIgetthere

I saw a Ground vehicle idling outside of a county jail dock for 15 minutes, bulkhead doors open, back door open, with inmates walking to and fro doing their tasks.

I left my passenger door open at the county jail here once, while the receiver signed for a package less than five feet from the door, and I was read the riot act for doing that by him, even though we were standing right there, and cargo area was secured!

hypo hanna

Our security person walks in our facility wearing workout clothes and a gold chain. This person better never trail me or they will have my lawyer trailing them...

​Call 911. Tell the police you are being followed by a suspicious person and fear for your safety and the security of your packages.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

FedEx Security can pretty much do as they please. They can follow you, talk to your customers, or do whatever they want. If it were me, I'd do as hypohanna suggested, and call the local police because you are "being tailed by a suspicious person who is going to steal your residential releases". It's when they accuse you of something and start asking for statements that you need a lawyer.

SmithBarney

Yup don't approach them(cause you don't know if they are a actual criminal) treat them as such, call the police, then either wait, or continue to work safely until "help" arrives.