Short Term Disability Payment

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You've been around long enough, and you don't know what to do. Every single official UPS source sends me to a different number. The stewards are useless, because stewards don't handle disability claims.

Grievances haven't been heard since the chinavirus excuse got popular. Certified letters would go to my local management who would simply tell me to call HR.

We're a hub, but we have no local HR guys at all. They've all been outsourced to an Indian call center.

There is NO resolution besides the ethics hotline and the state insurance commission. Which I've done.

Now, if any of you read the post, you'd note that it asks a question: who issues the checks?

Nobody seems to know. The Hartford says they don't issue it. The union says they don't know. And UPS says they don't know.

So spare me with the fake dad lecture.

I’d shoot Carol an email she gets S* done

cachmeifucan

Where on earth does the check come from?

I got approved by The Hartford for Short Term Disability early Jan to Feb. No problem. Claim number. Official letters. Official approval. All that.

Hartford says call the union about payment because it's union-administered. The union says call UPS HR about payment. The Benefits Resource center says they aren't UPS at all. They give me a new UPS HR number.

The new UPS HR number tells me to call The Hartford.

I've talked to 4 organizations. My leave was approved with all documentaton.

I have not received a check. Nor have I spoken to someone who speaks English in any meaningful form.

Help me.

They wonder why morale is low.
Contact a injury attorney that makes his living off ups ask him to help. Promise to send him clients in the future.

ManInBrown

1-866-825-0186, you called that number and couldn’t speak to anyone that spoke english? I just called yesterday and spoke to someone. has nothing to do with the union. The Hartford disperses short term disability payments. You get paid exactly as you do when working. If you have direct deposit it goes to your bank, if you get live checks they will be mailed to you.

Box Handler of Dallas

Where on earth does the check come from?

I got approved by The Hartford for Short Term Disability early Jan to Feb. No problem. Claim number. Official letters. Official approval. All that.

Hartford says call the union about payment because it's union-administered. The union says call UPS HR about payment. The Benefits Resource center says they aren't UPS at all. They give me a new UPS HR number.

The new UPS HR number tells me to call The Hartford.

I've talked to 4 organizations. My leave was approved with all documentaton.

I have not received a check. Nor have I spoken to someone who speaks English in any meaningful form.

Help me.

They wonder why morale is low.
Did you also file your short term disability claim through TeamCare? There's a form you, your doctor, and supervisor need to sign and send in. You can find that form in the "how-to" area under "help". Click on "How To File for Short Term Disability"

noeidiaz619

No, it was strictly Short Term Disability for an off-the-job injury.

No workman's comp. I was required to send doctor's notes and stuff to the Hartford and they're listed as approving the STD. It has an STD case number, approval letter, and all that with The Hartford.
I am currently on disability in California . Here I had to file a form with the Union to keep my benefits while I’m out, file with Hartford for fmla while I’m out and get the short term documentation from my doctor to get the state to pay me while I’m out . Hartford here pays me nothing only gets me the fmla approved , also had to be run thru my doc . Hope this helps

Roller252

I went through this in 2019 with no problems or delays at all. Open your claim for leave with supporting documentation through the Hartford, then file your claim with your local union. Here the payment is capped at $500/wk and is paid out by the union not UPS.

Then get back to work and be safe.

On a side note DO NOT RETURN TO WORK AND THEN CLAIM ON JOB INJURY YOU MOST LIKELY WILL BE FIRED FOR DISHONESTY. A paper trail goes both ways.