Short Term Disability Issues

kldutton2010

Hi all, so I went out with a broken leg outside of work in early January 9th. My orthopedic surgeon originally put me off until late April. However i have not healed as quickly as we would have liked. I am now off until mid June. My issue is we are now getting denials regarding my medical insurance for my dependants, and when i have checked my BCBS website it says I no longer had insurance on April 9th. I have no idea what to do. My disability claim has me out until the right date, so I know my surgeon filed everything correctly. If anyone has a phone number to UPS Hr or where they think I should call, please comment. Appreciate you guys and girls.

Johney

Hi all, so I went out with a broken leg outside of work in early January 9th. My orthopedic surgeon originally put me off until late April. However i have not healed as quickly as we would have liked. I am now off until mid June. My issue is we are now getting denials regarding my medical insurance for my dependants, and when i have checked my BCBS website it says I no longer had insurance on April 9th. I have no idea what to do. My disability claim has me out until the right date, so I know my surgeon filed everything correctly. If anyone has a phone number to UPS Hr or where they think I should call, please comment. Appreciate you guys and girls.
Have you tried your center manager? Not that they're worth a crap but it's a place to start.

nWo

Article 14 Section 7 of Central Region Agreement.

The Employer shall make health and welfare contributions for employees who have been injured on the job for a period of one (1)
year, and for employees who are ill or who have been injured off
the job for a period of four (4) weeks.

Johney

The Employer shall make health and welfare contributions for employees who have been injured on the job for a period of one (1)
the job for a period of four (4) weeks
Wow that blows for them. That's not how it works here.

HubSnakeWrangler

Are you out in the west? We have BCBS is why I ask. If so you have to notify The Hartford and the Southwest Administrators, who handle our union benefits, of your leave extension. You get six months of benefits for outside of work injuries. You can just upload a doctor's note online here Southwest Service Administrators, Inc. If not anybody in the western conference can use this info.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

the job for a period of four (4) weeks.

“4 weeks”…🤔