Should I have tried a different Hub?

ChonChon

Hello everyone!

Story time,

I worked at UPS for about 3 years. One year as a PT Package Handler and two as a PT Supervisor. Very quickly in I realized management wasn’t for me but stuck it out because I loved all the union members on my wall and didn’t want to leave them.

I made my decision to leave prior to peak, got a FT job while working as a PT Sup and told them of my decision and that I was sticking out the entirety of peak. After peak I reinformed them and put my two weeks in fully expecting to be placed on a no rehire registry regardless.

Last week I just check to see if I was eligible for submitting an application and to my surprise, I was. I seen that they were hiring package handlers and put my application in. Shortly after I got contacted with a starting date and time by an automated text and another later in the week by my old boss reiterating the start date and time and asking if I am going to show.

Fast forward, the date arrives. I show up, my name is on the list for Orientation and we begin. 20 minutes in, the very same boss that personally texted me pulls me aside to a side office and tells me I can’t come back as a union member, only straight back into management.

Would this have played out differently if I applied to a Hub I didn’t previously work at? I figured if they let me back in it would start a chain reaction management didn’t want with other PT Supervisors.

I’m not upset I expected it to go similarly to how it played out but I am surprised I made it as far as I did.

Yolo

Sounds like management thought you were actually a good PT sup which is rare. But yes applying at a different location probably would have made a difference. We have had pt sups go to PT loaders then become drivers.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hello everyone!

Story time,

I worked at UPS for about 3 years. One year as a PT Package Handler and two as a PT Supervisor. Very quickly in I realized management wasn’t for me but stuck it out because I loved all the union members on my wall and didn’t want to leave them.

I made my decision to leave prior to peak, got a FT job while working as a PT Sup and told them of my decision and that I was sticking out the entirety of peak. After peak I reinformed them and put my two weeks in fully expecting to be placed on a no rehire registry regardless.

Last week I just check to see if I was eligible for submitting an application and to my surprise, I was. I seen that they were hiring package handlers and put my application in. Shortly after I got contacted with a starting date and time by an automated text and another later in the week by my old boss reiterating the start date and time and asking if I am going to show.

Fast forward, the date arrives. I show up, my name is on the list for Orientation and we begin. 20 minutes in, the very same boss that personally texted me pulls me aside to a side office and tells me I can’t come back as a union member, only straight back into management.

Would this have played out differently if I applied to a Hub I didn’t previously work at? I figured if they let me back in it would start a chain reaction management didn’t want with other PT Supervisors.

I’m not upset I expected it to go similarly to how it played out but I am surprised I made it as far as I did.
He’s blowing smoke up your ass because he needs a PT supe

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Devious…
I still feel there's a lot more to the story.

Waiting on ol Chon Chon to bust it wide open.

He said his boss was texting him....

So he must feel they were cool at some point.

So why not be a stand up dude and respond directly to the guy who thought y'all were friends instead of trying to back door apply and ask the webs for input.

Chon Chon actually is a fitting name the more you think about it.

ChonChon

I still feel there's a lot more to the story.

Waiting on ol Chon Chon to bust it wide open.

He said his boss was texting him....

So he must feel they were cool at some point.

So why not be a stand up dude and respond directly to the guy who thought y'all were friends instead of trying to back door apply and ask the webs for input.

Chon Chon actually is a fitting name the more you think about it.
My boss was female and I never directly texted her while I was employed. I was contacted after I put my application in for package handler. I figured they would have actually took the time to review the application so they know who they are hiring.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
My boss was female and I never directly texted her while I was employed. I was contacted after I put my application in for package handler. I figured they would have actually took the time to review the application so they know who they are hiring.
The plot thickens….

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
They were hiring Chon Chon...

Unless multiple Chon Chons applied there was no need to review

ChonChon

He’s blowing smoke up your ass because he needs a PT supe
Yeah, tried to get me back. Told them no thanks I see no career in Management.

Honestly I understand them not wanting to let me come back as a Package Handler. Once people find out it would create a snowball effect and they would lose so many PT Sups.