Should I say goodbye the 22.3 jobs?

Ilovetoast

Waiting 15 years for a 22.3 job! I am so close, maybe a year away from the next available one. Has this all been a waste of time?
I’m an air driver so I understand how difficult it is being a full-time driver. My dream was to hold out and get a inside hub combo job. I’m seriously starting to worry about my future of becoming a 22.3 from this new Contract.

What are your thoughts on it?

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
Waiting 15 years for a 22.3 job! I am so close, maybe a year away from the next available one. Has this all been a waste of time?
I’m an air driver so I understand how difficult it is being a full-time driver. My dream was to hold out and get a inside hub combo job. I’m seriously starting to worry about my future of becoming a 22.3 from this new Contract.

I'm in the same boat. We will never see a 22.3 job.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Same here.
Second generation UPSer, and making the long crawl up the seniority list. For all the long hours, and health problems that it brought about, package car driving paid well, and helped give me a good childhood.

The odds of my being able pass that same gift on to my future family has now decreased dramatically.

In my center, there actually aren't many part timers opposed to this. They get flashed a few dollars, and are falling all over themselves to sell out their futures.

I spent about 20 minutes after work explaining to a newer guy that if this passes, he's selling himself short. He just kept coming back to "I'm going to get a raise. I don't care what happens to anybody else."

I guess you can't fix stupid.

opie

Air drivers could be danger. Wouldn't be surprised they bump some PT air drivers and let 22.4s do the air, and have them also do ground. Could be time to find a new career if this contract passes.

DirtySouth

The 5,000 new FT jobs under 22.3 will instead be created under 22.4. There is zero incentive/requirement for UPS to create 22.3's when those jobs can be 22.4's instead.

You will likely never see a new 22.3 under the language in this TA.

wilberforce15

I'm kind of in the same boat, and I'm just hoping that some stupid combo guys in my building take some 22.4 spots and leave their old jobs open for me.

Seems doubtful.

I'd rather stay part-time forever.

cachmeifucan

So 5000 job divided by how many locals or will these be in new facilities I Bet 4000 Are 22.4 Jobs Somebody Told Me the Reason Ups Wants Cheap Drivers is because is to expensive to ship rail because the rails are filled with oil tankers and they are driving the price up. Because of the oil boom that is getting ready happen again crude oil 75 a barrel and should go above 80 again soon. Plus didn't ups just spend 100 million in France alone.

cachmeifucan

I promise you if they don't give 22.3 jobs to 705 it won't pass. Many part time employee are hoping for 1. The wait it's about 17 years and you probably have to work 5pm to 2am. They just started filling the jobs to be filled in last year of the contract.

Returntosender

yeah that’ll go someplace lmao
A decade ago UPS pt supervisor was considered management school for all other companies.

Present day UPS union employee is the feeder pipeline for Amazon employeedistribution center. Within ten years as Amazon fine tunes their delivery operation majority of those 5 to 10 year ups pt employees going jump ship to Amazon.

Indecisi0n

source.gif