Should management who do nothing when they observe unsafe acts be disciplined?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Any union member that sees someone doing something unsafe should be punished. I could care less about management their idiots. Union people should say something and show someone how to be safe.
Jkloc420,

I disagree.

Union people are responsible for doing the job as trained, not overseeing fellow union workers.

Union people should look out for each other but discipline is the responsiblily of management.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
It's funny because I can walk around all day and point out safety issues to hourlies and get blown off like I'm full of crap. I'll tell you, but if you choose to ignore it the injury is on you, not me
FrigidFTSup,

The purpose of progressive discipline is to correct behavior.

Are you applying correct progressive discipline to these situations where your get "blown" off as you put it?

If you choose to ignore getting "blown off" by your subordinates then the injury is on you not them?

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
UPS doesn't give a wet pile of dog turds about your safety unless they have to pay for something...tell them you might not have enough room in your truck for pickups they'll have two more trucks there in 38 seconds and message you off the hook...tell them you have heat stroke and you won't hear back from them
dookie stain,

Unfair generalization.

Sincerely,
I

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Jkloc420,

I disagree.

Union people are responsible for doing the job as trained, not overseeing fellow union workers.

Union people should look out for each other but discipline is the responsiblily of management.

Sincerely,
I

No union people can't discipline people. That isn't their job. However if they see someone doing something unsafe they should stop them. For example picking up overweights by themselves, shoes untied etc.. I don't know about you but I don't want to see anyone I know get hurt for this company. So saying something to someone who isn't doing something right should be done. Even telling them what the contracts say in regards to certain things.

ArcherUTR

Yes, management is responsibility for safety. If management continually allows employees to work unsafely, they should be fired.

If someone continually chooses to work unsafely, they should be fired.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
FrigidFTSup,

The purpose of progressive discipline is to correct behavior.

Are you applying correct progressive discipline to these situations where your get "blown" off as you put it?

If you choose to ignore getting "blown off" by your subordinates then the injury is on you not them?

Sincerely,
I

FrigidFTSup,

Progressive discipline needed.

Not constructive criticism.

Sincerely,
I
Integrity,

I do utilize progressive discipline.

But I can't watch 40 guys at once.

I'm not a robot.

Sincerely,