Should the Union be FT only?

Shift 2

As far as inside jobs go, most PT workers work twice as hard and for 1/3 of the pay of a FT
I never understood the reason for part timers to recieve the same pay as a ft inside worker. It’s literally the same job. Also not to sound like a dick the real problem is the fact ft inside workers make $29.60 with no degree or even have a requirement to have a license $25 is honestly decent enough. And just pay pt the same rate with half the hrs

I never understood the reason for part timers to recieve the same pay as a ft inside worker. It’s literally the same job. Also not to sound like a dick the real problem is the fact ft inside workers make $29.60 with no degree or even have a requirement to have a license $25 is honestly decent enough. And just pay pt the same rate with half the hrs
That is your incentive to go full time. They can pay higher full time wages with a part time work force that has a high turnover rate

Last edited:

brown_trousers

Some of those combo people had to wait 10+ years to get a combo, then a few more years to get through progression. There is no way a 12+ year combo worker should be making the same as a rookie part timer.

Shift 2

I un
Some of those combo people had to wait 10+ years to get a combo, then a few more years to get through progression. There is no way a 12+ year combo worker should be making the same as a rookie part timer.
I understand the progression of course you can’t pay some one out the gate or even in the first few years top pay but after the progression is over I dcan my see why they pay some one to do the same job as some one else with maybe a year or 2 less seniority less money because they don’t work a 8 hr day. They already have the advantage of having a full time job and full time pension. Pt 5 yrs and went through ft progression is $30 x 40hrs a week is $1200. Pt 10yrs no progression just GWi is $18 x 20hrs a week is $360. That is rediculous.

Shift 2

I un
I understand the progression of course you can’t pay some one out the gate or even in the first few years top pay but after the progression is over I dcan my see why they pay some one to do the same job as some one else with maybe a year or 2 less seniority less money because they don’t work a 8 hr day. They already have the advantage of having a full time job and full time pension. Pt 5 yrs and went through ft progression is $30 x 40hrs a week is $1200. Pt 10yrs no progression just GWi is $18 x 20hrs a week is $360. That is rediculous.
They could at least pay pt the same rate at half the hrs

I un
You aren't understanding.

Trailer monkey

I think PT people shouldn't be in the Union.
They aren't relevant in the grand scheme of things.
They get all the Union benefit working only PT.

They whine about wages and benefits and drain morale.
I don't know where to start with this because it is so asinine. First, if there is a morale problem in your center it is not being caused by underpaid, overworked part-timers. Second, P/Ters have the same right to union representation as anyone else, the union does not belong only to fulltimers. Third, unions are significantly weaker in workplaces with limited organization. If parttimers were not union it would be a cake walk for the company to bust out and replace the fulltimers

PT Crazy

I am part time....I don't complain about my $35/HR and great benefits? Consider myself semi retired. Why should part time pay the same amount as crabby drivers?

Boxslinger11

Next gen teamster
image.jpg

PT Car Washer

I am not taking a cut in pay to take a FT combo job. I make more working PT and a lot less work.